B-25 USAAF Bombers coming for Doolittle's Raid? (4 Viewers)

Iron Brigade

Command Sergeant Major
I pre-ordered Figarti's Doolittle's B-25 Mitchel Bomber some time back now at Treefrog Treasures. They are suppose to be ready in Spring of 2014 per Treefrog Treasures Online shop. Springtime will be over in less than two weeks. Does anyone have any information as to when these B-25 1:30 scale model Bombers will be ready to be sold?

Gary

I pre-ordered Figarti's Doolittle's B-25 Mitchel Bomber some time back now at Treefrog Treasures. They are suppose to be ready in Spring of 2014 per Treefrog Treasures Online shop. Springtime will be over in less than two weeks. Does anyone have any information as to when these B-25 1:30 scale model Bombers will be ready to be sold?

Gary
I was wondering the same thing, having been reminded by the pictures of the B-25 at the recent London show. -- Al

Hi Chaps,
I understand the B25's and accompanying figure sets have left China via sea freight, so approx 6 weeks to arrive in the US and a bit longer for UK/Europe.
( Hence my showing the model at the London Show at the weekend)
I'm also told that the reason for the delay is primarily due to production being almost halted for a time as the factory was "compulsory purchased" by the authorities at short notice to put a roadway through. It took some time to find new premises ( some distance away), decommission and recommission equipment and train new staff as some didn't relocate.
So hopefully the factory is getting back into the swing of things.
Regards
Clive

Hi Chaps,
I understand the B25's and accompanying figure sets have left China via sea freight, so approx 6 weeks to arrive in the US and a bit longer for UK/Europe.
( Hence my showing the model at the London Show at the weekend)
I'm also told that the reason for the delay is primarily due to production being almost halted for a time as the factory was "compulsory purchased" by the authorities at short notice to put a roadway through. It took some time to find new premises ( some distance away), decommission and recommission equipment and train new staff as some didn't relocate.
So hopefully the factory is getting back into the swing of things.
Regards
Clive

Clive:

Thank you very much for your comments. So we may get the Figarti B-25 Bombers by sometime in July hopefully.

Gary

Any update on these puppies?

Hello Zach:

Per an E-mail reply back to me a couple of weeks back or so Julie at Treefrog Treasures noted that they had gotten notice from Figarti that the B-25's have been shipped out by sea. So maybe by August?

Gary

Thanks Gary
I'm normally patient - but I REALLY want this :)

Thanks Gary
I'm normally patient - but I REALLY want this :)

Zach,

Pray there are no Typhoons in the ships path. Pray there are no mutant rats on board who love to eat toy soldiers. Pray that the toy soldier pirates leave this ship alone and finally pray that our US Customs does not seize this container for "further inspection". I hate to be the bad guy on this but, I'm just laying out possible "no B-25's for Zach".

Unrelated or not. I picked up the "Enola Gay" wooden plane from a guy up in Dallas. I have not opened it yet, but the box is pretty big. Apparently, next year is the 70th Anniversary of the end of the War. I'll send a pic when I open it.

John from Texas

Cool! I'd love to see it!

Quick update. My mport agent advises that the ship with the B25's is due to dock in the UK in approx 10 days time so approx 2 days from then I'll have them.
Usually it's a little quicker to the US so I would expect docking anytime now........it's then down to the customs guys as to how quick a release!!
Hope that helps.
Clive

I just want to thank everyone who posted remarks to this Thread that I started on June 9th 2014. It looks like the B-25 Bombers from Figarti will get to us by the end of July or in any case sometime before late August.

By chance I turned on my TV set just very recently and I turned to the Turner Classic Movie channel and not knowing it was on I viewed a good part of the USA movie about the Doolittle Raid on Japan! Perhaps a good omen on getting the Figarti B-25 Bombers soon?

Gary

Per E-mail response from Julie at Treefrog Treasures in Eyota, MN on 5 August 2014 relative to Figarti's Doolittle Japanese Raid sets she noted that "the Ship has not yet docked". No expected docking date given apparently.

Maybe by end of August 2014????

"Iron Brigade"

Hi Guys
I received my Doolittle raiders allocation this am, here in the UK. Although not much use to you guys in the US, it's highly unusual for me to receive them before Matt as it takes longer to ship to Europe. I can only assume their US arrival is imminent. By the way at first glance they look much better than I remember from the Chicago show last year, bit more weathering, stronger undercarriage and the question re the angle of wings seems to have been sorted.
Regards
Clive

Per E-mail response from Julie at Treefrog Treasures in Eyota, MN on 5 August 2014 relative to Figarti's Doolittle Japanese Raid sets she noted that "the Ship has not yet docked". No expected docking date given apparently.

Maybe by end of August 2014????

"Iron Brigade"

Hi Guys
I received my Doolittle raiders allocation this am, here in the UK. Although not much use to you guys in the US, it's highly unusual for me to receive them before Matt as it takes longer to ship to Europe. I can only assume their US arrival is imminent. By the way at first glance they look much better than I remember from the Chicago show last year, bit more weathering, stronger undercarriage and the question re the angle of wings seems to have been sorted.
Regards
Clive

Clive, any chance of showing some new pictures?

I think I am going to be very pleased with this purchase!!!

Thought that I'd post some pics of the real deal:

Lt._Preddy_and_crew_of_3d_Antisubmarine_Squadron.jpg

Clearly the wing has considerable dihedral at its root with the fuselage. This continues until it curves slightly downward on the outboard sides of the engine nacelles. The location of this curvature is significant because that's where the oil-coolers and oil-tank for each engine were located. Structurally, the wing changes completely beyond that point. The construction of the wing becomes much lighter. This is true because the inner portions of the wing housed fuel-tanks, landing-gear, engine/prop-assemblies and the aforementioned oil-coolers/tanks, whereas the outer portions were designed as little more than airfoils, each housing an aileron, navigation/landing lights and little else.

Here's a closeup of the inner-wings that shows this affect more clearly:

4970826256_4955de606f_z.jpg

Finally, once the aircraft was airborne and flying at cruising speed, the wings would flex upward and the "anhedral" that makes everyone so uncomfortable with B-25 replicas would disappear:

Mitchell-B-25-Bomber-Betty%E2%80%99s-Dream-leads-the-pack-Photo-credit-Texas-Flying-Legend-Museum.png

In attempting to evaluate the accuracy of the model, it's probably best to focus on the angle at which the inner-wing joins the fuselage. If it's (too) flat, the model may be slightly odd looking. :redface2:

-Moe

Quote:] In attempting to evaluate the accuracy of the model, it's probably best to focus on the angle at which the inner-wing joins the fuselage. If it's (too) flat, the model may be slightly odd looking.

The wing where you mention (inboard) is fine with it's angle, on the model, The problem was where the wing joined the engine (outboard). You can see in your first picture, from the "root" the wing angle continues upwards out from the engine and then slopes down. The error with the Figarti model is (was?) the downward slope began right at the outboard part of the engine.

Last edited:
I just received my Doolittle plane. Overall a great piece. My only criticism is the weathering. It sort of just looks like silver paint was thrown on the leading edges. It seems they used full paint when they should have done a dry brush or something. It's just very bright and metallic. Just to be clear even had I known this, I still would have bought it so in no way saying I don't like this plane.

The other thing I'm not sure about is there are screw holes in the wheel wells, but nothing to screw in. At one time maybe they decided to have the wheels screw in and decided against it???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back