Bannockburn 700 years anniversary (2 Viewers)

John Mackay

Private
This year is the 700 years anniversary for the Battle of Bannockburn and am really interested if King and Country will add more pieces to the special edition set? As much as it's very close to the crusaders period it would still make a nice collection.

It would also be great to see some of the 1746 Jacobite up rising being done, the red coats would make a fantastic display on their own.

Just a few wishes lol.

Yes, medieval Scots would be great! Conte had a few planned, based on Gibson's movie but no sign of them. Not sure how they'd look - I don't think Tartan was in vogue then? Maybe more like a Barbarian horde, with a few armoured royal types?

As for the '45, John Jenkins' are fabulous. He has quite a range of Brits available for the 18th Century, so that side of things os well covered as well.

Yes, medieval Scots would be great! Conte had a few planned, based on Gibson's movie but no sign of them. Not sure how they'd look - I don't think Tartan was in vogue then? Maybe more like a Barbarian horde, with a few armoured royal types?

As for the '45, John Jenkins' are fabulous. He has quite a range of Brits available for the 18th Century, so that side of things os well covered as well.

Yeah I wouldn't want to see kilts and tartan for the Bannockburn period as this was never the case. In fact the period clothing would of been very much the same as the rest of the country and most of Europe. Very light plate armour, greave, van braces would of been very much used. No breast plates or full harness for another 100 years.

I looked at John Jenkins stuff but as much as they look great I really made strict decision to only stick with King and country figures. Because if I collect all brands I would have no room in the house!! Plus I think King and Country have more natural look to the figures and try to be historically accurate as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back