Barcelona (1 Viewer)

Peiper007

Staff Sergeant
I am off for a meeting in Barcelona next week, have been there a lot, too many time and the tourism sites have no interest for me but has anyone found any Toy Soldiers shops? I know the ones below quite well and they seem to only Soldat figures, which i have many, but am looking for any others, is there any shops there that sell K & C or John Jenkins?
JORDI RUBIO SL
PALAU

I visited Jordi Rubio a few months back. They sell a lot of construction kits in 1/35 scale. They are also reducing their small stocks of Andrea miniature kits.

I never noticed any finished toy soldiers in that shop.

The only place I found some soldiers was the giant flea market. But that was really hit or miss.

Dave

Why buy K&C or Jenkins there, when you can buy then anywhere? If I were in Spain, I'd look for the Soldat figures, but also Alymer, and other, smaller, less well-known Spanish makers, like Sanquez. I'd also see if I could find any more Labayen figures, or meet with people who knew him.

Brad (jazzeum) will likely have much better advice, in any case.

Prost!
Brad

Why buy K&C or Jenkins there, when you can buy then anywhere? If I were in Spain, I'd look for the Soldat figures, but also Alymer, and other, smaller, less well-known Spanish makers, like Sanquez. I'd also see if I could find any more Labayen figures, or meet with people who knew him.

Prost!
Brad

Number of reasons,
1/. There are no retail outlets selling JJ and very few in the UK, no more than 3 or 4, selling K & C.
2/. Price - Mainland Europe tends to be cheaper.
3/. Soldat - I have about 60 soldat figures and there are no more i want, plus not a fan of the othe companies you mentioned.

Prost!
Brad

Unfortunately, I don’t, and I otherwise agree with Brad. Why buy the larger manufacturers there when you can order those in the U.K. There was someone here selling Labayen figures a few years ago. Maybe he can help you. See https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com...Labayen-miniatures-for-sale&highlight=Labayen

Also, there is a Spanish collector who posts here from time to time called soldadomania. Maybe he can help. See https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com/showthread.php?66466-Mis-colecciones. However, I’m not sure he speaks a lot of English.

A time ago, I bought in "El infante" some plastic figures of Reamsa.Saludos Brad.

Francisco

Users who are viewing this thread

Back