Battle of the Bulge (1 Viewer)

Hockoy

Haven't posted in a while, been busy with school:rolleyes: . Anyway, I was wondering if Conte had ever come out with some Battle of the Bulge figures or playsets. I have never been dissappointed with Conte before, but i'm sure if they came out with some Battle of the Bulge sets it would be great! Oh, and heres a Jagdpanther I painted to get us in the holiday spirit!:)

I don't think Conte will be doing Bulge sets for now. I talked to him at Chicago and he is busy wwith the D-Day sets and metal Spartans along with his other sets. His new plastic GI sets are really good sculpts and I look forward to painting them. I got all the new poses on 12 cards that he picked out for me with 10 figures per card. The figures are the besr plastic ones I saw. His landing boats are nice also. I did not get the big sets. No room for them. I would like him to make a Bulge set and I feel he might one of these days. Leadmen

Now its 2008 and I don't see any Battle of the Bulge. I bet you its because of that K & C. They are dominating the WWII ranges:mad:and all of the other companies are backing out.

Looks like we will have to "HANG TOUGH" till November or so! On a good note, plenty of time for research. Oh, Col. Hesler, make sure you check out the Patriot Winter PMW2set6
WWII Nebelwerfer as there were plenty of these at the "Bulge" and it is quite a nice set!

Off to St. Vith!
~Beaufighter

Attachments

• Patriot Models PMW2set6 WWII Nebelwerfer With Crew, Winter Version.jpg
    Patriot Models PMW2set6 WWII Nebelwerfer With Crew, Winter Version.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 303
Haven't posted in a while, been busy with school:rolleyes: . Anyway, I was wondering if Conte had ever come out with some Battle of the Bulge figures or playsets. I have never been dissappointed with Conte before, but i'm sure if they came out with some Battle of the Bulge sets it would be great!

It sounds like a "cheap shot" but is based on experience, you will see Battle of the Bulge advertised for 3 to 5 years ahead of any actual figure availability. Fortunately TSSD makes some cold weather GI figures. The aren't as nice as the recent Conte plastic GIs but the Conte parts can be used to improve the TSSD figures, plus TSSD already makes some "long coat" Germans so you have opponents. I don't think it has anything to do with the K&C BoB series or such, Richard Conte just has so many projects that he is comitted to, and more that he is interested in. I talking to him I was impressed that he is very interested in so many areas of military history that there is no way any one organization can produce all the stuff he wants to.

Gary

Looks like we will have to "HANG TOUGH" till November or so! On a good note, plenty of time for research. Oh, Col. Hesler, make sure you check out the Patriot Winter PMW2set6
WWII Nebelwerfer as there were plenty of these at the "Bulge" and it is quite a nice set!

Off to St. Vith!
~Beaufighter

That is patriot?

German in Russia? …. When they also dress target… they are showy. :)

It sounds like a "cheap shot" but is based on experience, you will see Battle of the Bulge advertised for 3 to 5 years ahead of any actual figure availability. Fortunately TSSD makes some cold weather GI figures. The aren't as nice as the recent Conte plastic GIs but the Conte parts can be used to improve the TSSD figures, plus TSSD already makes some "long coat" Germans so you have opponents. I don't think it has anything to do with the K&C BoB series or such, Richard Conte just has so many projects that he is comitted to, and more that he is interested in. I talking to him I was impressed that he is very interested in so many areas of military history that there is no way any one organization can produce all the stuff he wants to.

Gary

Do you have any examples of the improvements? The plastic GIs are great.

Gary Binder has done some TSSD winter GI conversions for me using Conte GI parts.Great group of figures.
Gary

see;
http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4232

These are from the "Plastics" section of the TF site. I have done these for GK5717 and occasionally do some for others as well. The photos are a bit small but you get the idea.

Some of the "improvements are the helmets - they were fine in the original TSSD GI set but some ofthem are so-so on the winter figures.

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back