BB006 German Tiger I, 1st Co 301st Heavy Panzer Battalion (1 Viewer)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
First Legion is extremely pleased to present a winter rendition of our Tiger I with set BB006 Tiger "111" from the 301st Heavy Tank Battalion. The Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf. E mounted the very high powered 8.8cm KwK 36 main armament which had a flat trajectory owing to the high muzzle velocity making it extremely accurate at very long ranges. With 100mm of frontal armor it was difficult for allied guns to penetrate. This tank remained in production until August 1944 when it was replaced by the Tiger II. Given its combat history, the "Tiger" is one of the most iconic tanks of the second world war. Though there were only a few Tiger I's present during the Battle of the Bulge limited to two different heavy tank battalions, we couldn't resist giving this iconic tank a proper winter treatment and making it available for our new series.

BB006 German Tiger I, 1st Co 301st Heavy Panzer Battalion $349.95
Ships Early July

The model is made from a mixed media (resin, metal, plastic, brass, photo etch, etc...) and has the following features:

- Opening & Closing Commander's Cupola
- Opening & Closing Turret Loader's Hatch
- Front and Rear Chains and 2 x Bucket Stowage
- Fully Rotating Turret
- Gun Raises/Lowers
- Antenna
- Detailed Interior Turret Hatches
- Extremely realistic weathering and superb sculpting and painting

BB006page1.jpg

BB006page2.jpg

BB006page3.jpg

BB006page4.jpg

BB006page5.jpg

Best,

Matt
First Legion

Very nice. I really hope that we get some troops for the Bulge soon as well.

Just placed the preorder. Looks even better than the summer version! Looking forward to it.

Another great version of the Tiger done by First legion, as in the first release I'm sure it will disappear to fast to soon, congrats to First legion on a superb looking tank!!!

This does look good so I have placed my pre-order for one. I'm still waiting on the summer version but I'm expecting it to arrive this week.

Tom

This does look good so I have placed my pre-order for one. I'm still waiting on the summer version but I'm expecting it to arrive this week.

Tom

True that Tom, it's a beauty, I sadly missed out on the Normandy version so sent Julie my pre-order today in hopes of not missing out on the winter version.

It look better than the earlier Normandy version. If i collect winter version i definitely get this one. Hopefully FL will release another Normandy version.

Very nicely done Matt,

I just place my order on this one.

Was very very happy with my summer version.

Cant wait to have this one.

Serge

True that Tom, it's a beauty, I sadly missed out on the Normandy version so sent Julie my pre-order today in hopes of not missing out on the winter version.

Hi Sammy, I thought you got earlier FL Tiger for your Normandy Diorama

Hi Sammy, I thought you got earlier FL Tiger for your Normandy Diorama

I was hoping to get the Normandy Tiger but funds just to tight as well other decisions to make, hopefully another Normandy version down the road.

I was thrilled to see this release and 'hope' I made the list in time. Looking forward to posting some new stuff this summer.
Cheers !

You can always order them directly from First Legion if Treefrog is out.

For the record - Treefrog is not out yet.
We do have this great customization on our Website that automatically goes to "Pre-orders Sold Out" once our allotment is all gone.
Some days technology (when it works) is great!!!

I was hoping to get the Normandy Tiger but funds just to tight as well other decisions to make, hopefully another Normandy version down the road.

Yes Sammy I also hope that FL will release another Normandy Tiger for my new diorama from David.

Detailed Interior Turret Hatches - How come the Normandy Version didn't have this Particular detail?

The first FL Tiger received additional suggestions for improvements which were incorporated into this model.

Forgetting the interior of the hatches has history with FL as the Shermans lacked them too. It is immaterial obviously if you display with hatches closed or with a figure obstructing the view of the interior of the hatches.

Looks like the German Winter Tank Riders were retired too prematurely..

Bit of a problem here. The 301st Bn. Never made it to the Bulge. It was supposed to have been attached to 9th Panzer Division but because of destroyed railways it was placed in reserve. It's next action, on January 20th, was against the British in the Rhineland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back