BB006 German Tiger I, 1st Co 301st Heavy Panzer Battalion (2 Viewers)

Agreed. This was extensively discussed on the Hobby Bunker Forum. It's reminiscent of when K & C classified the Elephant under the BBG range.

Agreed. This was extensively discussed on the Hobby Bunker Forum. It's reminiscent of when K & C classified the Elephant under the BBG range.

Yep, sure was. Nice thing about it is that it could easily be part of multiple units on the eastern front... which is where mine is going.

It depends on the definition of "Battle of the Bulge". It did fight at the "outskirts" of that battle and therefore putting it into the subrange is arguably correct. But at that time, the Tiger I was outdated and had been replaced with the Tiger II. Hence on the Western Front it was not considered a battle tank any more. But we are now talking the very end of 44 and the beginning of 45 and hence everything that had gas, ammunition, a crew and a gun was thrown into battle, including this veteran. This tank is a Funklenk tank and was to be used to control remotely carriers of explosives. It did not work very well.

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/borgward-iv-sdkfz-301.htm

It depends on the definition of "Battle of the Bulge". It did fight at the "outskirts" of that battle and therefore putting it into the subrange is arguably correct. But at that time, the Tiger I was outdated and had been replaced with the Tiger II. Hence on the Western Front it was not considered a battle tank any more. But we are now talking the very end of 44 and the beginning of 45 and hence everything that had gas, ammunition, a crew and a gun was thrown into battle, including this veteran. This tank is a Funklenk tank and was to be used to control remotely carriers of explosives. It did not work very well.

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/borgward-iv-sdkfz-301.htm

According to this logic the battles of Arnhem and Aachen would have to be included in the Battle of the Bulge scenario as well, as both were miles away from the Ardennes theatre of operations and in a different time frame! 301 did not fight in the Battle of the Bulge. It was never anywhere near. It's first actions during this period were many miles to the north, in the British sector,in the 3rd week of 1945.

Even if its not historically accurate,

It will be a very welcome in one of my display cabinets.

Cant wait for it. Also got a notice this morning that it is in transit to my bunker.

Serge :)

Matt....

Please bring me more different color scheme Tiger I tanks, you know i love them.

Serge ^&grin

Matt....

Please bring me more different color scheme Tiger I tanks, you know i love them.

Serge ^&grin

Moving forward, I'd think that most collectors would really prefer to see Eastern Front versions.

-Moe

Moving forward, I'd think that most collectors would really prefer to see Eastern Front versions.

-Moe

If you do not follow the broad definition of "Battle of the Bulge" (which is totally OK with me), I think you got one. I think a lot of collectors will use this Tiger to battle JSs and T-34s winter 1944. It does not have any division markings that I could see.

Looking forward to seeing some Winter diorama's using this Tiger, should look awsome. Robin.

Our shipment arrived a day earlier than expected! Pre-orders will be shipping tomorrow morning for the latest items - including the BB006!
We have a few left....if you are debating, don't wait too much longer!

Julie

and appearing the following week in Winter diorama's no less. ^&grin, Robin.

I agree the Eastern Front is a better choice. Very Few Tiger I's were in the BOB. Production stopped in September 1944. White wash was mostly used on the Eastern Front. Most German Panzers in the BOB were without white wash as it was not snowing when the battle began and their was little time to apply it once engaged in battle. Plus it would be of little value in wooded terrain with many evergreen trees. The plains of Russia and marshes of Poland in Winter are entirely different than woodlands.

If you do not follow the broad definition of "Battle of the Bulge" (which is totally OK with me), I think you got one. I think a lot of collectors will use this Tiger to battle JSs and T-34s winter 1944. It does not have any division markings that I could see.

Great from what Julie has said I can expect my pre ordered Winter Tiger to be winging it's way to Australia

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back