Berlin Germans WOW (1 Viewer)

gk5717

2nd Lieutenant
Got em yesterday, what can I say but Andy you did it again. Fantastic.
Once again the level has been raised, they still get better and better with each release.
I,m happy to report that the size is not an issue as they are of the larger size as all the new issues.And I do like the larger size.
I can only imagine what the Russians will be.
Gary

Mine's on the way so the anticipation is growing. I'm picking up the tanks next week and those look pretty awesome.

I received WS 63 and 64 yesterday and am quite pleased. I can't say the detailing is any better than in the past year but it's so darned good already that it's not a complaint. Quality is so high here. I was impressed by how heavy they are. The Battle of the Bulge series was no different and these boys are heavy compared to what came out last fall. I expect to pick up the Tiger and Puma next week and I've heard that the Tiger will be the biggest tank yet. If that's so, it will be huge since the Jagdpanther was no shrinking violet.

I was just comparing the king tiger with the jagdpanther and to me they look the same size, meaning the King Tiger is not that large.
Is that true in the real world, was the jagd & K tiger the same size?
Gary

I noticed this too when I first got my king tiger.

I believe that they were mounted on similar chassis which would explain the similarity in size. Despite the name King Tiger, it was actually designed more along the lines of a King Panther so to speak. If you check the tracks and the basic shape you'll probably see a lot of similarites whereas there are few if any to the Tiger I.

Got my tiger and puma today...nice very nice,The Tiger has a heavy top turret and the gun on mine ,while being able to elevate does not stay fixed..is this the norm...please advise...regards ernie

"I was just comparing the king tiger with the jagdpanther and to me they look the same size, meaning the King Tiger is not that large.
Is that true in the real world, was the jagd & K tiger the same size?"

I was able to visit the Patton Museum of Cavalry and Armor (Ft. Knox, KY) and their King Tiger sits across the aisle from a Panther. The chassis are not that much different in size. The King Tiger has a tremendous feel of "bulk" but some of that is from the large turret and the extra width from the fenders. The Jagdpanther carried the same gun as the King Tiger, they just put it in the sloped casement instead of a turret.

By the way, if you get a chance to go, the Tiger (#332 captured in the Ardennes) has part of the left side cut away and you can see inside. Some of my photos of this came out OK.

Gary B.

The jagdpanther as the name suggests was built on the chassis of the Panzer V, Panther Ausf. G. It was armed with a limited-traverse 88-mm gun and had a single hull mounted 7.92-mm machine gun. There were 392 produced between Jan.'44 and Mar.'45.

Received a WS66 anti-tank gun set last week. Seems they put one of the gun trails on upside down. Rather aggravating.

I haven't bought mine yet but is that a problem with just yours or the whole K & C design?

Jazzeum, It's not the overall design. The gun trails are made to pivot and are not molded as one piece with the gun. It looks as if each trail is pinned in place allowing it to move back and forth. Whoever put mine together in Hong Kong was not paying attention and installed one upside down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back