Best Movie Sountrack (1 Viewer)

I believe I've seen this on AMC channel a while back did not watch it but I'll keep my eyes open

Vick

I realize that "Victory at Sea" was a tele series but the soundtrack is so brilliant that I still listen to it in my office, and I commandeered the tape from my Dad back in the 80's!. The "Theme of the Fast Carriers" is wonderful. Mike

I remember Victory at Sea fom when I was a kid. It was a fantastic series and I really loved those albums. I think my mother still has the original LPs.

Ok, Last of the Mohicans wins hands down for both of us. We both also love the Gladiator soundtrack & Barry Lyndon. I would also add the soundtrack to Bull Durham (impossible to get) and Pulp Fiction.
Happy Labour Day All!
Ericka

Hudson & Allen Studio
Dioramas & Scenic Supplies

A no, I forgot about Ennio Morricone's 'The Mission'. His spaghetti western soundtracks are great as well.

I would join those rating Last of the Mohicans at the top; absolutely absorbing. After that I love many of the pulsing, adrenaline raising sound tracks from Jerry Bruckheimer's productions like those from Beverly Hills Cop, Top Gun, Armageddon, Pearl Habor, The Rock, Crimson Tide, King Arthur, Pirates, National Treasure. Of course I enjoy all those movies as well; the man knows how to entertain.

Well as Ericka said the top three we agree on are:
Last of Mohicans
Gladiator
Barry Lyndon
My next three are:
Battle of Britain
Is Paris Burning?
...and the title track to Where Eagles Dare...
I just love the way it slowly ramps up as the JU-52 flies over the snow capped mountains!
All the Best!
Ken OSen

Any soundtrack done by Enya and Clannad are usually pretty good. No complaints from me ever:D

But Pirates of the Carribean and Star Wars are pretty memorable.

Movie/game soundtracks are my favourite genre of my music. I agree with several people’s selections but here are a few more of my favourites off the top of my head that haven't been mentioned yet:

-The 13th Warrior by Jerry Goldsmith (so good they borrowed a piece from it for Kingdom of Heaven)
-Robin Hood Prince of Thieves by Michael Kamen (amazing throughout, but the opening credit score is the best ever written IMO)
-Wing Commander by David Arnold (the middle parts are forgettable but the main theme is incredible)
-Batman Returns by Danny Elfman (best Batman theme, puts the new one to shame)
-Jurassic Park by John Williams (beautiful)

Then there’s the whole underappreciated genre of computer/video game soundtracks of which I have tons of favourites.

Cheers Forum Squadron Members:

My initial two picks that came to mind in their respective sectors...

Military Film: Memphis Belle

Non-Military Film: The Big Blue

Tally Ho,
Beaufighter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back