Peter Reuss

2nd Lieutenant
Here are some images that we have been asked to post for Brian:
Fraser6.jpg

Fraser7.jpg

Fraser8.jpg

Fraser9.jpg

This is what you call an incredicle collection...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Its really amazing to think of the pretty penny you have on those shelves. I haven't purhcased the Fall of Berlin buildings yet and appreciate the pictures which give it a size persective in your cabinet Brian. Still not sure though I have the room for it myself.

A very nice collection indeed. A couple of questions, however:

1. The bridge - who made that: very neat.

2. You have a diorama there (Normandy type thing): did you make that yourself or buy it from somewhere. It almost looks like something that was in one of Andy's brochures.

3. That's a nice display cabinet. Wondering where you might have gotten that from.

Brian,

Your collection is very, very nice. I am also impressed with the manner in which you display it. The more collections like yours that I see, the more I want to expand mine.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. They are wonderful!

Warm regards,

Pat

Kudos Brain, Can you see how green with envy I am? Very nicely done and thanks for sharing.

Fred

Thanks for the kind comments.Its taken me a long time to finally display my collection since I was a renter until now. Brad the bridge was a purchase two years ago at OTSN in one of the trading rooms sat before the show. I had put it down once and left the room and then quickly kicked myself realizing that maybe someday I could use it in a diorama with some of my Arnhem sets.I think the shipping was worth more than the actual bridge but I couldn't bring it on the plane with all my other purchases. The Normandy type diorama you refer to is indeed set up like the brochure with the short hedgerows purchased at OTSN the same year as the bridge. I haven't been able to track down anymore like that. The rest of the stuff is from Christmas Village sets purchased after Christmas when there half off. The telephone poles and wire and the pepple stone wall along the bridge are examples. My curios are from Wal-Mart and other discount furniture stores and the case was from an Antique store which use to display handguns in it. There were two others but they were 6ft long and I didn't have the room.Plus the fact they weighed a ton.
As you can see I only dwell on the WWII side of things but only for a lack of funds or I would be a Napolionic person also.I did see the buildings from the latest AK K&C diorama in my Halmark store this weekend. Those palm trees are very tall and $45.Its funny that before Christmas this stuff was 50% off and now only 40%. The building itself I think was around the same price as the trees.I'll haven't decided if I'll get it yet.Tempting though!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back