Britains 2006 catalog (3 Viewers)

Dave,thanks very much indeed thats very helpful.

Rob.

Re: Time limit on editing

Shannon, Btw I've noticed the edit button on this forum expires rather quickly, on other forums that I'm on the edit button doesn't expire, so if someone subsequently thinks they have got carried away and said the wrong thing they can change their post(s) - in hindsight everyone has 20/20 vision :)

We didn't start out with an expiration for edits until a rather nasty situation came up early on, someone said very inappropriate things about someone else and many other people on the forum rushed to the person's defense. The original poster then went back and revised their post replacing the offensive remarks with compliments and niceties and it made all the other posters who responded look foolish as if they were jumping all over someone for no reason. Because of this we established a time limit for edits to avoid repeat situations. I believe that people have a 30-minute window in which to edit posts, mostly for spellings sake however any time after that they can contact me or a moderator and we can manually edit it for them. Hopefully this system will give people pause before posting something they may later regret. :)
The person or persons who were at the center of the issue have long moved on from our forum so I don't expect further issues with our current genial group but the safeguard remains in place for now.
I hope this explains things.
Regards,

BlackHat said:
With that said, I like what I see of the Shenandoah series. When will these be available?

Blackhat

I believe the first sets come out in April with more to follow in May and June.

Hi,
Very good looking sets. ACW and WWI look quite tempting ( till now I've just been collecting WWII ). The ACW sets remind me of...Conte, which to me means they look very good. WWII won't certainly disappoint us, and waiting for the summer will give me a breather ( new manufacturers, new sets, new Britains, a hectic 2006 I guess, uff... ).

Regards,
Paulo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back