Britains collectors club modelezone vouchers (1 Viewer)

graycap

Staff Sergeant
Just recieved my copy of the Summer Collection catalogue supplement accompanied by the latest issue of The Standard. Enclosed was a £10.00 voucher redeemable at Modelzone stores, which replaces the old Birthday/Christmas vouchers which could be used at Modelzone and a number of other dealers. Those latter vouchers offered £5.00 off any purchase above £25.00.

However, the voucher with the new Standard is for £10.00 redeemable for purchases (only at Modelzone) over £60.00. This strikes me as a less attractlve, less flexible scheme than the one it replaces. I can understand the puchase threshold having to be slighty increased, but how is an increase of over 100% justified?

The Modelzone voucher will appeal to Zulu collectors with the latest exclusive figure being 70 pounds. Expensive hobby, but I would not miss it for the world, cheers, Robin.

W Britains moving the goal posts mid-year yet again.

This £10 voucher arrived 1st Sept and has to be used by end of Nov !!!

New AZW Krall set is due out in Dec !!!

Gazza

W Britains moving the goal posts mid-year yet again.

This £10 voucher arrived 1st Sept and has to be used by end of Nov !!!

New AZW Krall set is due out in Dec !!!

Gazza

Wondering to get round this do a pre-order say anytime between now & November, it is up on Modelzone site. Puts the pressure on, but at the end of the day the voucher is not huge. This will work for me as long as each year Modelzone continue to release an exclusive in the series I collect, namely AZW or WW1. Cheers, Robin.

Wondering to get round this do a pre-order say anytime between now & November, it is up on Modelzone site. Puts the pressure on, but at the end of the day the voucher is not huge. This will work for me as long as each year Modelzone continue to release an exclusive in the series I collect, namely AZW or WW1. Cheers, Robin.

I checked with the Modelzone Croydon branch yesterday and they will not accept the £10.00 voucher for any of their exclusive WB sets, they will not accept the voucher for any pre-order WB items due for release after 30 Nov 2012 (so that's all the current ones which have a release date of 01 Dec 2012 blacklisted) and they will not accept the voucher for any sale items (which is understandable).

So that leaves you with all their standard full price run of the mill stock items which are priced higher than some other UK WB dealers.

For example I could use my voucher for the Death of Ponsonby set which Modelzone have listed for £119.99. Less the £10.00 voucher = £109.99. But I know I can buy that set at two other WB dealers for £108.00 with free delivery.

I have no problem with WB doing away with the birthday and Christmas cards or in them issuing one £10.00 voucher.

I don't like the Modelzone voucher or the fact that there are so many limitations using it and the fact that we receive it in September but have to use it by the end of November.
The old vouchers had a long shelf life which meant I could save them up and use them at the London show.
I'm not happy.:(

Yes its annoying you cant use the vouchers on their own exclusives^&confuse,i used to be all on to spend the Britain's vouchers at their stores.

Last edited:
Yes its annoying you cant use the vouchers on their own exclusives^&confuse,i used to be all on to spend the Britain's vouchers at their stores.

That being the case, the voucher will be no use to me, just as well we are only talking a few dollars. Cheers, Robin.

Hello

I got my voucher last Saturday and was really peeved off, looked back through the joining information and it says 2 £5 vouchers with birthday and Christmas cards, nowhere does it say there is a link to only Modelzone, come on RICHARD where is the benefit here. I was so peeved I had a discussion with a friend from UK Trading Standards and they could see nothing on there as well. Another thing we noticed was in the promotional info it says the 'Standard' has a value of £5, but nowhere in the magazine is the price! Therefore how can it be sold for £5 to anyone, which got me thinking and W Britains often just give away the 'Standard' away at the London Show. I am so disappointed in this, Richard keeps on about he is making the club better, but all I can see is price up by £10 to £60 for top membership. £10 voucher – used to be 2 £5 vouchers with no restriction on where you could spend the voucher! The voucher was given out with Birthday and Christmas cards, but not anymore, not bothered much but there must have been a saving from only printing off 1 voucher and the saving for not printing cards and postage twice a year? The one increase I can see is more pages in the standard, more ad pages and I keeping thinking just how much can be written on Rorkes Drift!

I used to use my voucher at the Guards shop in London or Magpies in Evesham, but now I have to wait until I am in the vicinity of a modelzone shop. I would have used it when I travelled up to magpies for the Britains day but not now and I not be going.
Sorry Guys I know and enjoy this forum about toy soldiers but I do not like to feel I am being taken advantage of. Am seriously thinking of not keeping up my membership, after 7 years membership, think the new owners are full of the stuff that helps the garden grow.

Hello

The one increase I can see is more pages in the standard, more ad pages and I keeping thinking just how much can be written on Rorkes Drift!

Hallelujah! A like minded individual. There really is only so much you can write. Poor Ian has, it seems, to continually reword, rework and edit articles he has already written and indeed we have already read.

Hi Guys,

I have not been on the forum for a while as I have been away working and have also been adding to my militarily collection but reading this topic really kind of hit me.

Like other club members, I have been hit with the same obstacles and changes, something that was bound to happen with Bachmann coming on board. Being a business man I can speculate quite accurately that they and Britains have had to make some changes, many will of course not be liked. This is my take and comments though.

1. I did go to the Magpie event yesterday and had a great time. Learned a little more about the Zulu conflict, met Malcolm and made some purchases. I also spoke to Magpie and cheekily asked / mentioned the issue we have with the Modelzone voucher thing. The chap at Magpie told me he would take the voucher quite happily and give me a £10 discount if I wanted to trade with him, how difficult was that and how superb a shop do we all have at Magpie.

2. Having now met Malcolm I can see (possibly) one of the reasons that Richard made the changes he did. The chap is enthusiastic, knowledgeable about the brand, the campaigns and the soldiers he sells. While at Magpie he showed me the new gun limber and the pre production samples of the escape from the hospital. Yes, I put in a pre order with Magpie for these and also left with so much knowledge about the individuals the models are based on.

3. The pieces coming from Britain's (if the pre productions are anything to go by) are stunning and at the top end of quality.

4. The club issues do not stop me wanting to collect Britains and does not detract from what my hobby is about. Katie who manages the club is really helpful and nice when I have rang her and does want to help. The Standard is a good read and enjoyable and to be honest good value for money. I also get to buy exclusive figures. Yes, they did have free copies available at Magpie but what a nice way to promote the club to new members and does this really matter? The copy was old anyway.

Personally, if anyone feels that bad about anything (ie, the club) I always say to them, write to the company managers with your complaints and ask for an explanation and reply, you never know, they may be grateful and work with you to make the situation better.

Anyway, I am out of here as the sun is shining and the garden is calling.

Happy soldiering all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back