Britains Khaki Infantry 1/72 Scale (1 Viewer)

TEZZA33

Private
Hi Guys,

I have just bought a job lot of 1/72 scale plastic figures from the 1960's, all standard stuff apart from 2 Britain's Khaki infantry, have seen plenty of copies from this period in these moulds, but these guys have Britain's made in England in the base, never ever seen these before, does anyone have anymore info?

Need to see a photo before I can suggest what they may be.

DAve

Hi Guys,

I have just bought a job lot of 1/72 scale plastic figures from the 1960's, all standard stuff apart from 2 Britain's Khaki infantry, have seen plenty of copies from this period in these moulds, but these guys have Britain's made in England in the base, never ever seen these before, does anyone have anymore info?

You really, really need to Subscribe to PLASTIC WARRIOR magazine and buy a coy of Peter Cole's SUSPENDED ANIMATION - A history of Britains Herald figures
Details from
pweditor@ntworld.net

As far as I know, Britains never made 1/72 figures. Are you sure you don't mean Airfix?

I'm thinking these may be the downscaled Britains paras that A Call to Arms was working on.

Hi Guys,

A Call to Arms released a 1/72 set of these guys as "WW2 British Infantry" in green plastic: http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=13
In the review of the recasts it says this:

" They first appeared in the early 1950s in 1:32 scale as 'Khaki Infantry', and were made by Herald (later Britains). In 1958 '00' scale versions were released under Britain's 'Lilliput' range. As such, they were just about the first plastic soldiers in roughly 1:72 scale, and can be seen as the granddaddies of all today's figures. Certainly they were repeatedly copied, and the Airfix Infantry Combat Group has much more than a passing resemblance to them."

So if they have Britains on the bases, I would say these are the original '58 Lilliput guys.

A Call to Arms released a 1/72 set of these guys as "WW2 British Infantry" in green plastic: http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=13
In the review of the recasts it says this:

" They first appeared in the early 1950s in 1:32 scale as 'Khaki Infantry', and were made by Herald (later Britains). In 1958 '00' scale versions were released under Britain's 'Lilliput' range. As such, they were just about the first plastic soldiers in roughly 1:72 scale, and can be seen as the granddaddies of all today's figures. Certainly they were repeatedly copied, and the Airfix Infantry Combat Group has much more than a passing resemblance to them."

So if they have Britains on the bases, I would say these are the original '58 Lilliput guys.

I've just taken a look at my 1:72 Britains Lilliput khaki infantry and they are marked Britains Ltd England. There were lots of copies made in Hong Kong but if they're marked Britains Ltd England then you've got the original Lilliput figures. They also made a range of 1:72 metal armoured vehicles in the Lilliput series to go with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back