Britain's website. (1 Viewer)

UK price lists were added to the website today for reference. As soon as the the winter catalog is released we will update the site with the most recent lists.
Ken

It's looks like the website is going to going to be solely for the U.S. , with the UK collectors having to purchase from independent sellers. The only thing it seems for the UK collectors are copies of the recommended pound Sterling price list for reference purposes only.

On a good note I like the fact the catalogues on in a downloadable format.

UK price lists were added to the website today for reference. As soon as the the winter catalog is released we will update the site with the most recent lists.
Ken

Hi Ken,
What exactly does this mean? I still see products priced in US$. It's mid November, when does winter start?

Pete

I think the treatment of the UK collectors is quite disrespectful. No answers from W Britains and promises promises, come on Ken walk the walk, do not just talk the talk.

As a Canadian, to be honest, I never really understood why they operated two parallel sits instead of one global site like most of the other major TS companies. I have never bought directly from wbritains and the prices are normally up on their local dealers fairly quickly in local currency. Now saying all that why First Gear would fool around with a large portion of their customer base is something only Ken could answer... Personally I think wbritains is a creative TS company but operationally they are a mess (ie delays with their standards/brochures, delays with product releases, pretty much abandoning their older customers who like gloss, and poor communication relative to other TS companies etc)

I would also like to know why many exclusive set are either sold by US dealers or UK dealers. Would it not be better when exclusive sets are made to have the same set offered by US and UK dealers.

I would also like to know why many exclusive set are either sold by US dealers or UK dealers. Would it not be better when exclusive sets are made to have the same set offered by US and UK dealers.

US produced exclusives are being retailed in the UK through a single dealer. Perhaps a sign of the changing market for TS.

US produced exclusives are being retailed in the UK through a single dealer. Perhaps a sign of the changing market for TS.

I wish the reverse was true, maybe it is. Does any one if the Magpie exclusives are being sold by a US dealer.

I wish the reverse was true, maybe it is. Does any one if the Magpie exclusives are being sold by a US dealer.

Agree with Charlie Brown, I get mine [Sierra sets] from a UK dealer, so much for US exclusive, think Magpies in UK offered to go 50-50 with Sierria but Britains said no, I did not buy direct from states as they claimed in their literature that it would not be available anywhere else!

Magpies do not let anyone distribute for them in US, because it is meant to be an exclusive, in a way you have to admire Magpies to sticking to their principles........

Hello all,
Apparently I need to offer some accurate information to put some minds at ease.
Exclusives:
I have explained the exclusive policies at W. Britain many times to collectors at various shows and will offer it here for those that may not have heard the explanation or have been misinformed by others.

Any company, organization or even individual may commission an exclusive from W. Britain as long as they agree to purchase the entire run of the item commissioned. As a courtesy to them and to inform the collectors of the availability we also list it in our catalog and feature it in the Standard, our quarterly magazine.

We do not set the retail price or impose any distribution restrictions of any kind. It is a world market and the entity selling the finished product has complete control of this, including sharing the finished goods with other retailers anywhere in the world.

The Website:
We had to update our website and added some features for E-commerce. There are some issues with the update however, the first being that we cannot process dual currencies. The second is that we cannot service the territories that by contract are serviced by our UK distributor,Bachmann Europe.

They are equally committed to customer service, but I can only comment on what we can do from the home office in the U.S. for our collectors. We have included price lists on the site for UK customers and are trying to work the bugs out of the retailer locator.

As with anything, it is a work in progress.
I hope this clears up some misunderstandings,
Respectfully,
Kenneth Osen

Hello all,
We have included price lists on the site for UK customers and are trying to work the bugs out of the retailer locator.

Hi,
Can anybody point me in the direction of the UK price lists on the web site?

Thanks

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back