Buffalo soldiers (1 Viewer)

That's too bad about the stripes. Luckily you have lots of good painters to choose from.

Here is Bill's statement on custom orders:

Companion sets (eg: 5 troopers instead of the typical 4 troopers and officer) or additional matching figures for any set already ordered may be special ordered. The cost is $22 per infantry figure and $35 per cavalry figure. Include an existing figure when ordering if exact paint matching is necessary. No other requests for special orders can be entertained.

Castings, individual guns and individual figures are not for sale.

Randy, I asked Bill about an Officer figure or add on companions to the West line, but he said no..I am thinking of Teddy Roosevelt and Buffalo Bill for my officer and scout. He did offer me an opportunity for a 7th cavalry repaint of same figures, but I believed the 10th deserved a place in my glossy collection..Michael

Randy, I asked Bill about an Officer figure or add on companions to the West line, but he said no..I am thinking of Teddy Roosevelt and Buffalo Bill for my officer and scout. He did offer me an opportunity for a 7th cavalry repaint of same figures, but I believed the 10th deserved a place in my glossy collection..Michael

Michael

What about using set 417 as Buffalo soldiers? Would Bill paint them black? The set is obviously meant to be Custer and the 7th but you could use the officer in buckskin as a white officer of the 10th? He could be dismounted and used with set 418? See Dismounted Buffalo Soldiers below:

Illustrations:

Hocker Set 417 US Cavalry Dismounted 1876
Dismounted Buffalo Soldiers (from Osprey US Cavalryman 1865-1890)

Randy

Attachments

• WHset417.jpg
    WHset417.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 426
  • DismountedCav.jpg
    DismountedCav.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 3,268
More examples of the 10 th during the Indian Wars

Attachments

• HenryOssianFlipper.jpg
    HenryOssianFlipper.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 326
  • Thomas11.jpg
    Thomas11.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 647
Compton Creel can repaint figures to special order. He is a member of the forum and a great person to work with! :)

Wilson Edward makes an excellent Buffalo Soldier from the 25th Infantry Colored in the Boxer Rebellion line that can also be used for Cuba where they saw action during the Spanish American War. It can be done in matte or glossy finish. It is also available unpainted.
http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/detail.aspx?ID=5083

Attachments

• 25thCuba3PosterSm.jpg
    25thCuba3PosterSm.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 281
Compton Creel at show.

Attachments

• Creel1w.jpg
    Creel1w.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 236

Users who are viewing this thread

Back