Bum sets (1 Viewer)

nmrocks

2nd Lieutenant
Haven't collected 1/72 im many, many years but you have to admire the prolific sets on the widest range of topics that Bum produces, don't look like the quality is the highest, but I love the diversity and unique subjects and content.
Ray

I had some sets and they were very brittle.
Mark

BUM is usually a bummer to me - either knockoffs of other older manufacturers (wonder how they get past the copyright and patent restrictions) or when the figures are original so brittle or poorly sculpted as to be virtually unusable. Their French and Indian Wars sets looked promising but with the quality control problems they are definitely not worth the price IMO.

Yeah that's what I bought and was very disappointed in them.Then if you look closely the same poses are in different sets.
Mark

BUM is usually a bummer to me - either knockoffs of other older manufacturers (wonder how they get past the copyright and patent restrictions) or when the figures are original so brittle or poorly sculpted as to be virtually unusable. Their French and Indian Wars sets looked promising but with the quality control problems they are definitely not worth the price IMO.

Yup, they are VERY expensive for what they are. Too bad, because the ideas are neat.

I have all the older BUM 1/72 western town sets. The figures were clones of the Airfix western sets in ugly colors like ham-pink. The buildings were tiny and toy-like but at the time I bought them the only other western town in this scale was the old Atlantic set from the 70s. The new BUM western town looks amazing, but it is out of my price range.

I always wanted to get the 1/72 Musketeers and Spanish American War figures, but they are expensive, and I don't like what PSR says about the fragility of the figures.

In 60mm I have the Saracen Warriors which are pretty nice in a durable grey soft plastic. Does anyone know if the Saracens are original to BUM or clones from another company?

I have no experience with the Bum line, sad to hear the quality issues as the subject matter was so diverse and unique, woulda, coulda, shoulda.....
Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back