CALL TO ARMS Normans (1 Viewer)

Angusprune

Private 2
Hi
Got a box of the Norman figures - really disappointing figures. More like 1/35th scale, almost flat, burred moulding and dull poses. Compared to the Replicant figures of the same period they are a sad non starter.

Hi
Got a box of the Norman figures - really disappointing figures. More like 1/35th scale, almost flat, burred moulding and dull poses. Compared to the Replicant figures of the same period they are a sad non starter.

Thanks for info, I'll stay clear of getting any of these then. Shame, as some of the sets they have produced in the past haven't been bad, although they do come out on the smaller size.

Hi - will buy a box to try (must support makers) and see how they turn out painted - will post photos when done
Regards
Dave

There's no point in support companies if they continue to produce rubbish like this set and the previous 95th rifles

will still try a box and see how they turn out

Last edited:
I saw them on ebay. Not the very worst figures in the world, but nothing spectacular. They do indeed look a bit flat. However, unless the scale is WAY off they would make good sword-fodder troops to supplement the Replicants and the Barszo Sherrif's men. If used as the core of your Norman Army, though, they do seem lacking.

$_12.JPG

"54mm flats" {sm2}.......I'm thinking a good paint job will add some life and packed in tight ranks they may just work!

Well, at least ACTA is back - even if off to a shaky start. I think much of the problem is we collectors have become "spoiled" by recent offerings of folks like Conte, TSSD, and even CTS, to mention a few - the "old" standards don't satisfy. Agree they might be a cheap way to fill out one's ranks, depending on how one uses his figures; hopefully ACTA will improve their output by taking constructive criticism.

Hmm. The real Normans seem to have been somewhat flat as well, so maybe the figures aren't really that bad:

Bayeux-Tapestry-010.jpg

^&grin^&grin^&grin^&grin^&grin^&grin^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back