Calling All Wilson Edward Collectors (1 Viewer)

Very nice figures, these matte versions are so good I would hesitate between gloss and matte on these ones.

Paulo

Why don't you try one of each. They also offer satin finish.

For me the WE line is like collecting the WB Redcoats, Bluecoats, etc.

Randy

Maryborough, Victoria Australia is the home of Wilson Edward.Here is the Maryborough, Victoria Post Office. If you order any items from Wilson Edward, this is the likely location where they begin their journey to your home.

Once a goldmining town, Maryborough has become a small city of some 8000 people and a major industrial centre. It is located 166 km north-west of Melbourne via the Calder and Pyrenees Highways and is 254 metres above sea-level.
Maryborough Post Office was built in 1876-77 as a combined court house and post office. The building was designed by architect J H Marsden of the Victorian public works department and built by Peter Cunningham for a contract price of 8,266 pounds, four shillings and threepence.
The post office is in the Italianate Palazzo style and features two three-arch colonnades and a clock tower. The clock was manufactured by Joseph Bros of Melbourne and the bell by I W Horwood of Castlemaine. In 1892, when a new court house was built next door, the post office took over the entire building.
The Maryborough Post Office has a high degree of integrity and forms the central element in a precinct of public buildings which includes the town hall, court house and war memorial. Its size and quality are reflective of the importance of Maryborough as one of Victoria 's premier cities built on the wealth of gold mining.

Attachments

• MaryboroughPostOffice.jpg
    MaryboroughPostOffice.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 152
Experimenting with backgrounds for WE-BOX-003

Attachments

• USArmyOfficerPoster2.jpg
    USArmyOfficerPoster2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 147
Chinese Rural Landscape:

Attachments

• USArmyOfficer2MatSm.jpg
    USArmyOfficer2MatSm.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 142
Wilson Edward Desk Calendar for October

Attachments

• WEOct09B.jpg
    WEOct09B.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 171
A suggestion for an addition to Wilson Edward's WWI Gallipoli or Middle East series:

The Yeoman, 1916

This Yeoman is stopping to check his compass while on patrol in the Sinai Desert. During the First World War the Worcestershire Yeomanry fought in Gallipoli, Egypt and Palestine. Roving across wide open desert in the blistering heat for days on end, the Yeomanry led the British Army all the way from the Suez Canal to Damascus in one of the most successful British campaigns of the war. It was a tough life in a very harsh environment. Water was always short and disease common.

The Yeomen also carried out raids on enemy positions, and could act as storm troops in battle. At Huj, in November 1917, less than 200 Yeomen charged eleven Austrian field guns and over 2000 Turkish infantry with swords drawn - and won. It was the last great charge of the British cavalry.

Attachments

• wsor3e.jpg
    wsor3e.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 140
Wilson Edward Desk Calendar for October

Hey,

are you going to publish a calender for 2010 with even more of these wondeful figures all se up in these realsitic poses?

If so we could print out the relavent pages each month, and look at your fine work each day :)

John

Hey,

are you going to publish a calender for 2010 with even more of these wondeful figures all se up in these realsitic poses?

If so we could print out the relavent pages each month, and look at your fine work each day :)

John

That's a deal. As I add each new Wilson Edward to my collection I will make a calendar page and post it here. Glad you like it. I truly enjoy looking at your web pages. It's like going to a toy soldier museum. You have found some very interesting sets and many makers that are new to me. You provide a great service to the hobby and I will always be grateful that you had those WE figures on your pages.

Randy

Randy,

I've just printed off October, and hung it on the wall hear at work this morning (Wednesday) and it loks good as an A4 colour print.

Maybe all a reference under the image as to the particular figure and you have a winner !!!

Well Done, and thanks for your kind comments about my website :)

John

WE Calendar for November 2009

Attachments

• WEcalendarNov093jpg.jpg
    WEcalendarNov093jpg.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 132
USMC Pvt. Belleau Wood 1918

Figure: by Wilson Edward
Background: Print by George Scott American Marines in Belleau Wood 1918

Attachments

• BelleauWoodSepiaSm.jpg
    BelleauWoodSepiaSm.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 119
Hi Randy , i'm really falling in love with this company and hope to make my first purchase in the next few months (many pre ordered items for other brands don't leave me so much money at the moment)..these figures are really full of life and have a peculiar style , plus i grew up with movies like Gallipoli and The Lighthorsemen, so i think my area of interest will be limited for the moment to the Gallipoli campaign and Middle East.I'd like to ask you if you prefer the Gloss or the Matte finish and another important question is how much time you waited for your figure to get to you..i know they are produced to your request and from what i read you can wait 4-8 weeks too for the figure to reach Treefrog ..By the way my choice will focus on one of these figures:

Attachments

• WE-GAL-010-Painted.jpg
    WE-GAL-010-Painted.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 69
  • WE-GAL-021-Painted.jpg
    WE-GAL-021-Painted.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 72
  • WE-GAL-023-Painted.jpg
    WE-GAL-023-Painted.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 69
  • WE-MDE-010-kit.jpg
    WE-MDE-010-kit.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 65
Hi Randy , i'm really falling in love with this company and hope to make my first purchase in the next few months (many pre ordered items for other brands don't leave me so much money at the moment)..these figures are really full of life and have a peculiar style , plus i grew up with movies like Gallipoli and The Lighthorsemen, so i think my area of interest will be limited for the moment to the Gallipoli campaign and Middle East.I'd like to ask you if you prefer the Gloss or the Matte finish and another important question is how much time you waited for your figure to get to you..i know they are produced to your request and from what i read you can wait 4-8 weeks too for the figure to reach Treefrog ..By the way my choice will focus on one of these figures:

Those are all great choices. Many of the WE figures are already in stock at their studio in Australia. I usually email Craig to find out which items are in stock and then order those from Treefrog. The stock items are painted but not coated. They will coat them matte or gloss which takes a couple of days to dry and then ship them to you. It takes about 7 days in the mail to get here in New Hampshire from Australia. The guys do a great job packing them and all mine have arrived safely. I have 9 at present--8 Boxer Rebellion and 1 WWI. All mine are matte finish which I prefer for these figures. Konrad (kogu) was very happy with his gloss Australian Light Horseman. All the figures I have gotten I asked for painted as shown on Treefrog which may have speeded things up. Craig and Jason are absolutely great to deal with and always open to suggestions.

Randy

Thanks Randy for the tip about mailing to Australia, i'll do the same..i too believe that the figures in the pictures on Treefrog are outstanding and is an added value that one can have them customized at request , i think i'll go Matte style!I'll let you know when i'll receive my first figure!!!Ciao!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back