Cem's Hiriart Turkish Infantry, Korean War (1 Viewer)

ucla1967

Major
Here are Hiriart special commission Turkish Infantry from the Korean War posted on Cem's blog. I don't believe that I recall ever seeing the Korean War Turkish Brigade made by any other toy soldier manufacturer. Very nice and now added to my 2016 Hiriart order.

Attachments

• qqqqq[1].JPG
    qqqqq[1].JPG
    288.3 KB · Views: 332
  • fotograf2[1].JPG
    fotograf2[1].JPG
    513.9 KB · Views: 366
Here are Hiriart special commission Turkish Infantry from the Korean War posted on Cem's blog. I don't believe that I recall ever seeing the Korean War Turkish Brigade made by any other toy soldier manufacturer. Very nice and now added to my 2016 Hiriart order.

Dear Mike, tks if you liked the Turkish Korean, actually they are American in Hiriarts Catalogue,
i have just wanted mini Turkish flags on shoulders and dark jackets..also had our winter commando team from Argentanian Army

Dear Mike, tks if you liked the Turkish Korean, actually they are American in Hiriarts Catalogue,
i have just wanted mini Turkish flags on shoulders and dark jackets..also had our winter commando team from Argentanian Army

Hi Cem,

Yes, I recognized them as being based on Hiriart's U.S. Army castings (e.g., 101st Airborne Division), but I like them just the same and have placed them on my 2016 Hiriart order. BTW, I have a special personal connection with Turkey since I served in the U.S. Army in Turkey for one year in 1962-63: one month about 25 miles south of Ankara and 11 months at Sinop on the Black Sea coast.

Mike

Hi Cem,

Yes, I recognized them as being based on Hiriart's U.S. Army castings (e.g., 101st Airborne Division), but I like them just the same and have placed them on my 2016 Hiriart order. BTW, I have a special personal connection with Turkey since I served in the U.S. Army in Turkey for one year in 1962-63: one month about 25 miles south of Ankara and 11 months at Sinop on the Black Sea coast.

Mike

i also served in JUSSMAT Ankara US ARMY Military Aid Division 1994-1995. i know Sinop..the American anti-russian radar station.nice to hear that.and very happy you liked my new toys from Hiriat. actully all good producers help me to make new Turkish figures.just keep my blog watching. what is your intereset? what age or war?mine is Gallipoli 1915+ Balkan 1900's. Cem..and also what is 2016?? next year is 2014 i guess:)

i also served in JUSSMAT Ankara US ARMY Military Aid Division 1994-1995. i know Sinop..the American anti-russian radar station.nice to hear that.and very happy you liked my new toys from Hiriat. actully all good producers help me to make new Turkish figures.just keep my blog watching. what is your intereset? what age or war?mine is Gallipoli 1915+ Balkan 1900's. Cem..and also what is 2016?? next year is 2014 i guess:)

Sinop was an Army Security Agency SIGINT intercept site during the cold war targeting the Soviet Union's encrypted communications. See my ASA avatar.

I have a wide and varied range of collecting interests. My friend, Ed Ruby, would call me an accumulator and not a collector---he would be correct. If I like it, I buy it, but I do like unusual, seldom seen subject matter. Yes, I did mean 2016 since my 2013, 2014, and 2015 Hiriart orders are already complete and closed out at 120 sets each.

Sinop was an Army Security Agency SIGINT intercept site during the cold war targeting the Soviet Union's encrypted communications. See my ASA avatar.

I have a wide and varied range of collecting interests. My friend, Ed Ruby, would call me an accumulator and not a collector---he would be correct. If I like it, I buy it, but I do like unusual, seldom seen subject matter. Yes, I did mean 2016 since my 2013, 2014, and 2015 Hiriart orders are already complete and closed out at 120 sets each.

Mike
Just interested but how would Ed Ruby describe himself if you are an accumulator
Regards

Mike
Just interested but how would Ed Ruby describe himself if you are an accumulator
Regards

Damian,

He is a self professed accumulator, too, but I am way out of his league. A couple of years ago I asked him why he decided to sell off the majority of his massive Britains collection. The answer was simple, he had pretty much completed it and realized that the hunt for missing sets was more exciting than actually acquiring them. It was during this conversation that he pointed out that he was an accumulator rather than a collector which is a concept that I had never stopped to think about until that point in time.

Best regards,

Mike

Thanks Mike
That is an interesting way of looking at our collective obsession.
Regards
Damian

Damian,

He is a self professed accumulator, too, but I am way out of his league. A couple of years ago I asked him why he decided to sell off the majority of his massive Britains collection. The answer was simple, he had pretty much completed it and realized that the hunt for missing sets was more exciting than actually acquiring them. It was during this conversation that he pointed out that he was an accumulator rather than a collector which is a concept that I had never stopped to think about until that point in time.

Best regards,

Mike

''What is an accumulator? An accumulator is an energy storage device''..so we, as accumulators have so big and posivite energy to share..and also a storage of toy soldiers which sometimes make my energy break down! i don't want to be an acumulator but one of that indeed!

This is Hiriart's stock photo of the TURKISH INFANTRY, KOREA non-catalog set.

Attachments

• TURK INFANTRY KOREA 1954.JPG
    TURK INFANTRY KOREA 1954.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 142

Users who are viewing this thread

Back