Cem's Turkish Soldier Blog (5 Viewers)

PolarBear

Major
The best place to look at wonderful examples of toy soldiers depicting the history of the Turkish Soldier is the website put together by cem özdoğan. There are examples from a wide variety of toy soldier companies including a number of custom made sets. As a WWI collector with a special interest in the Great War fought in the Middle East and at Gallipoli, Cem's website is the go to place for me.

http://turkishtoysoldier.blogspot.com/2011/08/turkish-toy-soldier.html

Below are a few examples of his outstanding collection:

Attachments

• 1170.jpg
    1170.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 491
  • 1063.jpg
    1063.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 363
  • 1010.jpg
    1010.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 325
The best place to look at wonderful examples of toy soldiers depicting the history of the Turkish Soldier is the website put together by cem özdoğan. There are examples from a wide variety of toy soldier companies including a number of custom made sets. As a WWI collector with a special interest in the Great War fought in the Middle East and at Gallipoli, Cem's website is the go to place for me.

http://turkishtoysoldier.blogspot.com/2011/08/turkish-toy-soldier.html

Below are a few examples of his outstanding collection:
Thanks for the web address....use to enjoy Cems post on WETS....TomB

Here's another favorite of mine. This WWI Turkish Band by Beau Geste

Attachments

• TurkishArmyBandWWI.jpg
    TurkishArmyBandWWI.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 208
I really like the pilot figure. ^&grin

The Middle east theater is one of my favorites also. Thanks for the info!

Chuck

Really neat stuff and website, Randy. As usual, the Beau Geste sets are gorgeous. ^&cool -- Al

Really neat stuff and website, Randy. As usual, the Beau Geste sets are gorgeous. ^&cool -- Al

Thank you, also tks to Ana for waking up the oldies to us.and the black uniformed dancing parties.

What scale are those figures,,,do you know ? The loco looks to me to be an electric engine HO scale...if that is correct...the figures would be rather small...unless he has an American scale set which are larger...cheers TomB

Heyde figures 4,8 cm. high. re-produced from retired moulds.also awaiting big cannon and cavalry of Turkish soon.

Heyde figures 4,8 cm. high. re-produced from retired moulds.also awaiting big cannon and cavalry of Turkish soon.
Thanks for that....where did you get the loco? is it a Lima engine ? I have a loco that looks like it ..cannot be sure.....have not seen it for ages ,it is packed away somewhere ...will drag it out tomorrow and check it...I am curious......your loco looks like it is in much better condition than mine...regards TomB

Thanks for that....where did you get the loco? is it a Lima engine ? I have a loco that looks like it ..cannot be sure.....have not seen it for ages ,it is packed away somewhere ...will drag it out tomorrow and check it...I am curious......your loco looks like it is in much better condition than mine...regards TomB

it says MARKLIN Made of Germany ..just purchased for diorama.

it says MARKLIN Made of Germany ..just purchased for diorama.
Much better quality loco than mine....Marklin is or was an excellent German elect train manufacturer.......I think Freishan is another one.......I have not collected elect train for a long time...much too expensive now.....still have some bits and piece's I kept-ed.....your dio looks great with the train...adds a different dimension to it....regards TomB.

Much better quality loco than mine....Marklin is or was an excellent German elect train manufacturer.......I think Freishan is another one.......I have not collected elect train for a long time...much too expensive now.....still have some bits and piece's I kept-ed.....your dio looks great with the train...adds a different dimension to it....regards TomB.
Here is pic of my Lima HO scale loco with a 54mm figure beside it to compare scale......TomB

Forgot pic...getting old...tomBView attachment 136994

Tom, i guess not a good view for a diorama:) tks for your good wishes for mine..i collect no trains just saw in a garage sale and thought it will be perfect for an attack on railroad...i saw someone made with the K&C Turkish figures..it was good also..water tank etc.

Tom, i guess not a good view for a diorama:) tks for your good wishes for mine..i collect no trains just saw in a garage sale and thought it will be perfect for an attack on railroad...i saw someone made with the K&C Turkish figures..it was good also..water tank etc.

Tom,
pls visit my blog also
http://turkishtoysoldier.blogspot.com/
wish you like my other dios.
Cem

link was broken, but only Greeks i have, 3cm Heinrichsen zinnfiguren.Asked to the manufacturer and inform any good news to you.They re-produce retired sets, , got some Turkish WW1 and painted here..less cheaper.[/QUOTE

Today, the 90th year of Turkish Republic Day.Tks. Hiriart-Mignot-Beau Geste-Heyde-Regal Toys and all others..
14149_10151931496156168_158229597_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back