Charlie don't Surf (1 Viewer)

Horus

Brigadier General
But looks like he's gonna try to learn {sm4}

105.jpg

Finally got round to assembling (Easy Snap fit) Airfix kit and slapped some paint on which immediately made me think of the VC Village attacked by the Air Cav in Apocalypse Now. Hence the quick set up now.

Next to the Airfix Bamboo house is a Thomas Gunn hut for comparison. Not a bad match size wise

Steve

Morning, Steve
Gee, from the Jungles to the inner cities and now to the beach …. YOU DO get around!
Still the same, is the quality AND "FUNNESS" of your set ups.

Interesting tie-in to Apocalypse Now, but my mind instantly went to: The Beach Boys - Surfin' USA.
Not sure what that says … ?? :rolleyes2:

I have seen that Arifix hut, but never thought it was that good, until I saw it in this work. Looks good!
Now, I am going to hunt one up … if I can find one.

Was the beach base a "re-use" of a Tarawa dio or a new creation?

--- LaRRy

Morning, Steve
Gee, from the Jungles to the inner cities and now to the beach …. YOU DO get around!
Still the same, is the quality AND "FUNNESS" of your set ups.

Interesting tie-in to Apocalypse Now, but my mind instantly went to: The Beach Boys - Surfin' USA.
Not sure what that says … ?? :rolleyes2:

I have seen that Arifix hut, but never thought it was that good, until I saw it in this work. Looks good!
Now, I am going to hunt one up … if I can find one.

Was the beach base a "re-use" of a Tarawa dio or a new creation?

--- LaRRy

Thanks Larry.

Yes I wondered myself about the size etc of the Airfix hut and took a chance. I reckon it would be quite possible to alter it fairly easily too if more than one hut was wanted, which I may be doing myself. I got mine off ebay. New, about £15 inc postage so that'd be around $20 US. I didn't have any problem picking one up.
I purposely put the Thomas gunn hut next to it so everyone can judge for themselves it's size.

Yes you're quite right it's a reuse of one of the beach boards I made for Tarawa landing dio as this was just a quick set up.

Steve

The huts work well together.
Nice original dio steve.

I actually remember having the airfix hut as a boy in the 70s......frequently deployed as plastic ww2 japanese took on ww2 ozzies on my bedroom floor.......

Best
A.

{sm4}:salute::

Those huts do look good together and I see a lot of possible combinations coming our way. :smile2: Chris

Airfix has some great designs. I've got a couple of their structures that I've only snapped together. This shows how nice they can be with some paint.

The huts work well together.
Nice original dio steve.

I actually remember having the airfix hut as a boy in the 70s......frequently deployed as plastic ww2 japanese took on ww2 ozzies on my bedroom floor.......

Best
A.

{sm4}:salute::

Thanks Andrew and Snap :salute::

Those huts do look good together and I see a lot of possible combinations coming our way. :smile2: Chris

Cheers Chris, I have the same feeling^&grin

Steve

Airfix has some great designs. I've got a couple of their structures that I've only snapped together. This shows how nice they can be with some paint.

You need to get some paint on them Rob. As you can see from mine, I didn't do anything fancy and it still improved it 100% from the raw unpainted plastic and then do some set up's :wink2:

Steve

You need to get some paint on them Rob. As you can see from mine, I didn't do anything fancy and it still improved it 100% from the raw unpainted plastic and then do some set up's
Probably getting off topic, but I tried painting some of their figures. I could not get the faces to come out. I tried with primer and without, but the faces came out terrible. I'm not a good painter. Usually end up messing them up, then I lose interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back