CJB Models? (3 Viewers)

Njja

1st Lieutenant
I just picked up this sharp Morris Artillery Tractor from CJB Models from Ebay.

I have never seen their models before and wonder if anyone can give me a

little history, or their opinion of their items? It really looks sharp, and I am

planning on using it with my Arnhem displays.

Here are a couple of shots from the auction.

Attachments

• CJB Morris CDSW Artillery Tractor-.jpg
    CJB Morris CDSW Artillery Tractor-.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 894
  • CJB Morris CDSW Artillery Tractor-1.jpg
    CJB Morris CDSW Artillery Tractor-1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 881
John,
I guess you would call them rare, or more better suited, unique and very very detailed. A lot like Metal Shed, a labor of love and you are paying for that love! They are very nice, all metal and meticulously done. They are an updgraded Britains Charles Biggs line in my opinion.

The one you got is a one off piece I believe in the fact the crew were custom made for the collector. Again, very nice piece and if it fits what you want it for, be proud!

TD

Tom, why thank you for the info! Always a pleasure to hear from you sir!:)

I plan on using it with my AN04 set, and hope the scale works in ok!:)

I am a "truck nut" and I thought it looked like a unique piece! Heres hoping it

arrives in as nice condition as the photos!:)

CJB Military Models is a name that many of you won't have heard of. Quite simply CJB produced the finest 54mm military (and civilian) vehicles ever made. CJB, an engineer by profession, working out of Northern England, made each vehicle individually by hand in heavy gauge metal. The wheels have cusom-made rubber tyres; the wheels/axles turn - you can push them along and there is a Driver and Passenger included. I hope you can see the wonderful detail in the photos. This Morris 8 Tourer Civilian Vehicle from 1936 is typical of CJB quality. CJB vehicles (like HECO tinplate) are the products of craftsmanship for the love of it, not commercially produced items. They are very special and I don't think we'll see their like again.

This from a well known dealer

Attachments

• !BYi8b5!BWk~$(KGrHgoH-EQEjlLlbinfBKiIMb4zNg~~_12.jpg
    !BYi8b5!BWk~$(KGrHgoH-EQEjlLlbinfBKiIMb4zNg~~_12.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 583
I just picked up this sharp Morris Artillery Tractor from CJB Models from Ebay.

I have never seen their models before and wonder if anyone can give me a

little history, or their opinion of their items? It really looks sharp, and I am

planning on using it with my Arnhem displays.

Here are a couple of shots from the auction.

I seen them oo mate, they look quite nice!:D

awaould be good if King and Country could make something like thid!:D:cool:

They are very nicely done!

Did he make the figures, too, or did he only make the vehicles, and contracted the figures to another artist?

Prost!
Brad

They are very nicely done!

Did he make the figures, too, or did he only make the vehicles, and contracted the figures to another artist?

Prost!
Brad

.........................................................................................

According to the auction the driver was specially made by CJB for the seller
to fit in with the WWII theme. The standing figure in leather jerkin was done by Coleman's Cheshire Volunteer and are supose to be rare.

I liked the way it looked, and hope it fits in nicely with my Arnhem figures.:)

Very nice John. Congrats! Great looking truck.

Thanks Brad, always fun to take a shot with something different!:)

I saw these from David Hazell while looking for a 54mm scale Morris truck. They are fantastic though I'd never heard of them before. They certainly rival HECO in appearance. Great catch!
Mike

CJB Military Models is a name that many of you won't have heard of. Quite simply CJB produced the finest 54mm military (and civilian) vehicles ever made. CJB, an engineer by profession, working out of Northern England, made each vehicle individually by hand in heavy gauge metal. The wheels have cusom-made rubber tyres; the wheels/axles turn - you can push them along and there is a Driver and Passenger included. I hope you can see the wonderful detail in the photos. This Morris 8 Tourer Civilian Vehicle from 1936 is typical of CJB quality. CJB vehicles (like HECO tinplate) are the products of craftsmanship for the love of it, not commercially produced items. They are very special and I don't think we'll see their like again.

This from a well known dealer

Scott,

Thanks for posting this classic 1936 Morris 8 Tourer.

Do you know if the driver and passenger can be removed?

I think the listing is still active.

Best, Raymond.:)

<>

Hi All,
Any chance of any of you having come across TAW Artillery sets or TAW and CJB Model vehicles?
In case you do, please let me know.
Regards,
Artillery Crazy

John,
I guess you would call them rare, or more better suited, unique and very very detailed. A lot like Metal Shed, a labor of love and you are paying for that love! They are very nice, all metal and meticulously done. They are an updgraded Britains Charles Biggs line in my opinion.

The one you got is a one off piece I believe in the fact the crew were custom made for the collector. Again, very nice piece and if it fits what you want it for, be proud!

TD
Hi TD,

The Morris artillery tractor John picked up on EBay, turned up on EBay and I now have it.
Added it to the other CJB Military vehicles I have in my collection......Pitty these are rare and upon close inspection so detailed and close to the real thing that one gets very surprised with the level of craftsmanship of CJB. Pitty CJB has long ceased to exist and whatever was produced is sitting in collections and rarely will be parted with.
To your point they are by far more detailed and scaled to perfection when compaired to Metal Shed.
I have loaded some photos os the CJB models onto the Artillery fan album.
If you ever come across any sample let me know.......
Regards,
Artillery crazy

Hi TD,

The Morris artillery tractor John picked up on EBay, turned up on EBay and I now have it.
Added it to the other CJB Military vehicles I have in my collection......Pitty these are rare and upon close inspection so detailed and close to the real thing that one gets very surprised with the level of craftsmanship of CJB. Pitty CJB has long ceased to exist and whatever was produced is sitting in collections and rarely will be parted with.
To your point they are by far more detailed and scaled to perfection when compaired to Metal Shed.
I have loaded some photos os the CJB models onto the Artillery fan album.
Regards,
Artillery crazy

Hi All,
I can only confirm that....I guess we are yet to see some manutacturer fielding more detailed military vehicles than CJB. They are all metal and in great detail, not like the current stuff that is being offered made out of plaster or rough metal with not to scale and true to the last screw as CJBs.
A couple of photos of the ones I have.12542.jpg12541.jpg12540.jpg12539.jpg12538.jpg

Those are spectacular. Thanks for posting those photos!

Those are spectacular. Thanks for posting those photos!

Hi Gideon,
Thanks, it is unfortunate that these are so hard to get. Have not seen one for sale in the last 3 years! Anyone out there that wishes to part with their CJB Model vehicles ..... let me know!
At the Treefrog Treasures photo gallery under http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/album/Luiz Fleury/index.html
at pages 7 to 9 you can see these in more different angles......

Superbly crafted! Are they metal?

Hi Gideon,

Every bit,....is metal, heavy metal not just a thin sheet... and the superb part is that the tires are real rubber.

The craftsmanship CJB had will never be reproduced......Or at least as long as stuff gets being done by the hundreds in China at the cheapest cost and sold at a premium....with plastic composites/molds.
The artists we still have in the UK/Argentina/Uruguay/Australia ( with at least one exception down under....paraphasing Harry Potter..you know who!!) are few and far apart.
I hate to think that my sons will not have the opportunity we have had to interact with real artists.
The type of guys that you can call up and ask for a slight change to your order so as to fit your range or specific set and they will understand you, enjoy with you the opportunity to create something special.
Recently, I tried contacting one of these mass producers and asked them if a specific recently issued soft skinned vehicle could be changed so as to match their own early 1939-1940 series, covering the Battle for Britain and the Fields of France, and all it would take was exclude a big white star, so as to represent a scene from pre 1939 and or Dunkirk and not only the Normandy landing option and the answer was blunt....we do not do specials, if you wish buy as is and repaint it.....

Shows a bit of lack of flexibility and misses the opportunity of selling the same item to two different set of collectors, the ones pre and post D Day.......And the funny thing is that they miss making a big buck, for the only change would be saving the cost of adding two decals.........

Well, I can tell you that taking out two decals could actually cost them more to produce then not.

CJB's, I don't know what you paid for them but I'll bet they were considerably more expensive than a K&C piece and made individually to order. So, some customs were more likely.

You can still do this with a few makers like Tommy Atkins/Fusilier but they are considerably more expensive. I think one of their tiger tanks is like $400 USD +.

Hi TD,

Regards,
Artillery crazy

Hello Artillery Crazy,

If you have a squint at the next Vectis auction (21st March 2012 - Hey! that's tomorrow!) then you'll see three CJB Morris Commercials are up for sale.
Thought the estimates are somewhat modest. They'll be very good value even at the top estimate.

I think you already have the Battery Staff Car and Morris D-Type, but possibly not the Forward Control version of the D-Type, which has a lot of character.

http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewSearchLots.aspx?Search=cjb&Dir=1&id=0&ref=1

Good luck!

InterWar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back