Clash of Empires (1 Viewer)

marco55

Brigadier General
Did anybody learn anything more about this range or see any prototype figures in Chicago besides the 3 woodland Indians?
Mark

Did anybody learn anything more about this range or see any prototype figures in Chicago besides the 3 woodland Indians?
Mark

Per Ken Osen during my visit to the WB display room and also his presentation at Friday evening's customer appreciation dinner, the Clash of Empires will cover essentiually from about 1754 to 1794 featuring Europe's struggle to control North America especailly including their dealings and alliances with the Eastern Woodland Native American warriors. Ken spoke of the Hudson River Valley conflicts during the FIW, Cornstalk's War, Fallen Timbers, Great Lakes . . . . the conflict for the control of what was then called the Northwest Territory. I believe there will also be figures from the European continent (7 Years War). The initial prototype figures are amazing and in my opinion they will be the best looking Eastern Woodland indians offered to date.
:smile2: Mike

Really sounds like it's going to be a great range.Would love to do a Fallen Timbers dio with Wayne's Legion.
Mark

Any mention of East coast battles , in particular Louisbourg .
Kirk

Any mention of East coast battles , in particular Louisbourg .
Kirk

Nothing mentioned along those lines Kirk, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen. Put your order in, it might happen . . . .

Thanks Mike , I only live 4 hours from Louisbourg so it would be awesome.
I can only hope.
K

I would love to see something to do with Fort William Henry or Bushy Run!

Travis

I will.The sculptor is doing this in 1/35 scale.
Mark

Per Ken Osen during my visit to the WB display room and also his presentation at Friday evening's customer appreciation dinner, the Clash of Empires will cover essentiually from about 1754 to 1794 featuring Europe's struggle to control North America especailly including their dealings and alliances with the Eastern Woodland Native American warriors. Ken spoke of the Hudson River Valley conflicts during the FIW, Cornstalk's War, Fallen Timbers, Great Lakes . . . . the conflict for the control of what was then called the Northwest Territory. I believe there will also be figures from the European continent (7 Years War). The initial prototype figures are amazing and in my opinion they will be the best looking Eastern Woodland indians offered to date.

Has anyone heard if there are any plans to continue the series outside of the American War of Independence and Pontiac's Rebellion? I'd like to see Britains tackle the siege of Quebec in 1759.

Cheers,

Brendan

No real G2 but my disappointment has been with their American Revolution releases. WB was my go-to supplier for AWI figures and for a period of time there were many good releases.
But no AWI collection is complete without Hessians, American artillery, mounted officers and Colonials in their hunting shirts and these have been left out for years.
Hopefully they are still in the plans especially since K&C seems to have opted out of this era.

Since they already had a AWI range I thought this would be more FIW than anything even though it did say the range would be the 1750's-90's.So far not one French or British soldier ( Bushy Run was after FIW ) for the FIW.
Mark

If they were to do more AWI I would like to see forces that were at the Siege of Pensacola in 1781.
Mark

Pensacola 1781.jpg

Because JJD covers the FIW so extensively I was hoping WB would expand their AWI range.
Nothing wrong with competition but I would think that many collectors were already committed to JJD for this range.
FL does some great AWI but in a higher price range. So much more to be done in the American Revolution as already mentioned.

I was hoping Britains would do the FIW as their price range is more affordable for me and Ken plus Alan Ball who sculpts for Britains sometimes I think have done many indian sculpts.I still have some of Britains COE indians.I collected JDD for a while and while they are nice I didn't care for the faces (except for the indians,I always liked them) on their earlier sculpts.They have gotten much better IMO.
Mark

Because JJD covers the FIW so extensively I was hoping WB would expand their AWI range.
Nothing wrong with competition but I would think that many collectors were already committed to JJD for this range.
FL does some great AWI but in a higher price range. So much more to be done in the American Revolution as already mentioned.

While it's true that JJD has extensively covered the French & Indian War, I've always liked Britains glossy figures from this war and would like to see what they could do in matte! I'm a fairly new collector and most of JJD's figures from the Battle of the Plains of Abraham were already retired when I started collecting.

Cheers,

Brendan

Last edited:
If they were to do more AWI I would like to see forces that were at the Siege of Pensacola in 1781.
Mark

View attachment 215700

Afternoon Mark,

OH ya', I would really enjoy a venture into that little known aspect of the American Revolution.

Although somewhat abstract from the American's fight against the British, it did really tie up the British forces in Florida and Louisiana so they could not be used against the Patriot Southern armies.

Anyone who would consider these Spanish forces would have some of my $$$$ as they would be a VERY interesting addition.

Although I am sure that both WB and JJD will do a superior job, I might lean a bit more to JJD for scale wise when compared to K&C AWI sets.
I have a couple of those K&C sets ..... {sm3}{sm4} (Ya' Right!!_

--- Larry

I really like the Bushy Run sets! I love the highlanders! However, I also wish they would do more AWI. I was very excited when WB released figures surrounding the Boston campaign. I would have liked to seen more figures from the 10th regiment of foot. Troops from the New York campaign would also be a welcome. But the following are sorely need, IMHO.

Hessians
Jaegers
American artillery
More British artillery
additions to current British units- the 10th and The Royal Irish
Queens Rangers
Continental Rifle men
Casualties
Maybe a new British regiment- The 5th, 24th, 23rd RWF, The 42nd in overalls
early war continentals

Maybe we'll see some of these??

Travis