Collection Size: a Poll (1 Viewer)

How many soldiers are in your collection (see rules)?

• Total voters
I am sure that I am well over the 5,000 mark, maybe much higher.
I have a much larger collection of 28 mm figures, perhaps 8,000-10,000 or so.

Took me 35 years of collecting to amass all of this and that's not counting terrain, buildings, playsets metal figure kits or accessories.

But who has the time or inclination to count? I just know that my basement, attic, garage and two storage sheds are almost full to the point that you can't move without knocking something over. This summer I am determined to downsize. At this point, I want to make room to actually set my toys up rather than have everything packed away.
This summer, I swear. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I have about 3,200 on display in my toy soldier room (my son's former bedroom) while more than 2,000 others are still in their boxes. Those on display are in seven curios, on two Ikea tables (Frontline ACW and Napoleonic), and in one bookcase. The empty boxes are in countless bankers boxes in a self-storage facility. Those on display are mainly from Frontline, Imperial, Trophy, Hiriart, and Blenheim. I also have Kingcast, Nickolson, Martin Ritche, Edmunds, Alymer, Britains Premier, Conte, King & Country, Ducal, and Nostalgia, among others.

Last edited:
I'm shocked! Shocked, I say. Over 2000 members on this forum and only 73 know how many figures they own? In the words of some immortal Chicago politician, "Vote early and vote often." How else are we going to know how many TS exist in the world? {sm3} -- Al

Looks like about 480 - 490 [British / Hessians / Indians] AWI sets and 375 - 400 [Colonial / French] AWI sets.

But, I am on the hunt for Hessians as they present a rather poor showing at the moment. Then I need more Militia and Backwoods guys to try to even out the score. Comprised mostly K&C figures with a helping of Britains (older #17500 and below) Conte and such. See the other Thread about box storage but mine is under my dio display table and all along the ceiling, on special shelves that I built.

I have north of 15,000 painted 20mm figures; Napoleonics, ACW and WWII, with Napoleonics being my favorites, ACW next and WWII last but certainly not least as I enjoy them all very much.

Probably north of 500(though in poll I ticked 300-500). Still have Britains lead military, farm, civilian(shown in case below + RHA set), Elastolin siege equipment and figures(plastic)Merten(plastic)Swoppet Knights, Herald(RHG, Life Guards, Scottish), Tradition knights(David Scheinmann), 3 sets Britains 8800 series, boxed Britains cowboy & Rodeo sets.

laststandlg.jpg

Gone, but not forgotten:

cabinet.jpg

Last edited:
I have about 3,200 on display in my toy soldier room (my son's former bedroom) while more than 2,000 others are still in their boxes. Those on display are in seven curios, on two Ikea tables (Frontline ACW and Napoleonic), and in one bookcase. The empty boxes are in countless bankers boxes in a self-storage facility. Those on display are mainly from Frontline, Imperial, Trophy, Hiriart, and Blenheim. I also have Kingcast, Nickolson, Martin Ritche, Edmunds, Alymer, Britains Premier, Conte, King & Country, Ducal, and Nostalgia, among others.

I like the diversity of your collection! Mine is not as diverse as that but, I try... Must be very interesting to see! :)

Glad I am not the only one on the bottom of the poll :)

I only have 5 now and I just ordered 2 more yesterday so I am not even at 10 yet {sm2}

I like the diversity of your collection! Mine is not as diverse as that but, I try... Must be very interesting to see! :)

Tell you what, if you ever make it down to the West Coaster Show in Orange County, I'll show it to you, if you would really like to see it. BTW, I was born and raised in Eastern Oregon, where are you actually located in the Pacific Northwest?

Gday,
I have 40x K&C Aussies L/H & 8th Army, 23x various other K&C FW,PM & Club figures, 1xW.Britains figure, 8x W.E.T.S figures, 7x W.Britains artillery, 8x K&C & 2x J.Jenkins vehicals.
TOTAL: 90
Poo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back