Colors of Stalingrad (3 Viewers)

debrito

Command Sergeant Major
I would like to share some fotos of a diorama that I made for our friend Andreas (Adanna). Andreas come visit me in Ottawa Canada this weekend and we had a good time take photos and visit the city.

Cheers.

DSC_10042.jpg

DSC_300E33.jpg

DSC_40039.jpg

DSC_50035.jpg

DSC_0019-1.jpg

DSC_0029-2.jpg

Oooooh, that's rather good mate.
Great photography and fantastic building / scenics. I expect Andreas will be a very happy bunny with this piece.

It's pictures like this that have made me so happy to be collecting First Legion!!! awesome looking pictures and the figures and stug speak for themselves...Sammy

The thing that really stands out in this series of pictures, aside from the awesome diorama and First Legion elements, is the angle of the photography. It's done at eye level as if you were standing there. That really immerses you in the action.

Great stuff guys! :cool:

Rod ,
Fantastic Photo's , like has already been mentioned I also feel your shots really bring the viewer down into the action awesome ;). I love the way you positioned the FL figures to convey a dramatic scene . Your photography really spotlights the Fantastic work being done over at first Legion . Which by the way is getting more and more bipartisan support from collectors . Thanks for sharing your Fantastic skills with us ,all the best Gebhard

Hi Rod,

Your dioramas are certainly up to your extremely high standard! They are beautifully done! I never ceased to be amazed at how many different scenes you can create with only a handful of the same figures. You are a remarkable artist!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

The thing that really stands out in this series of pictures, aside from the awesome diorama and First Legion elements, is the angle of the photography. It's done at eye level as if you were standing there. That really immerses you in the action.

Thank you guys, really, really appreciated. Andreas arrived Thursday night, so we had the entire weekend to take photos and developed scenarios, also we visited the Canadian war Museum, we saw some JagdPanther, T-34, Panther Tank etc...Was a really WWII Eastern Front experience...:D

Again guys Appreciated.

rod.

I forgot to say, that this always was and is my goal, try to make toy soldiers look real...

Thank you Frank.

Made it home in less than seven hours .... ;)

And won a new toy soldier collector when showing the US customs official Rod's work and the work of others on this forum. :D

I enjoyed my days very much with Rod and his family. It was a tremendous experience.

Rod and I talked about this diorama (which arrived safely and fits perfectly into its dedicated space) since before hooking up in Chicago. We had agreed that it was important to show a city that before its destruction was full of buildings that its citizens were proud of. Secondly, we wanted to apply rubble "sparingly".

I am very happy with the result. The set-up allows for a large number of scenarios (I actually hope Rod will post some additional pictures) and is very flexible as the two parts of the diorama are modular. After having ordered Matt's German Infantry soldiers to fight in the forrest and to the front in Leningrad to accompany the first combat action of a Tiger, I am now happy to show them in their natural habitat - the early stages of the conflict for Stalingrad.

All kudos to Rod!!!

Made it home in less than seven hours .... ;)

And won a new toy soldier collector when showing the US customs official Rod's work and the work of others on this forum. :D

I enjoyed my days very much with Rod and his family. It was a tremendous experience.

Rod and I talked about this diorama (which arrived safely and fits perfectly into its dedicated space) since before hooking up in Chicago. We had agreed that it was important to show a city that before its destruction was full of buildings that its citizens were proud of. Secondly, we wanted to apply rubble "sparingly".

I am very happy with the result. The set-up allows for a large number of scenarios (I actually hope Rod will post some additional pictures) and is very flexible as the two parts of the diorama are modular. After having ordered Matt's German Infantry soldiers to fight in the forrest and to the front in Leningrad to accompany the first combat action of a Tiger, I am now happy to show them in their natural habitat - the early stages of the conflict for Stalingrad.

All kudos to Rod!!!

They are well sculpt soldiers.

DSC_CAPA0022.jpg

Superb. How did you know about the pastel colors of Stalingrad? I thought that was 'insider' information:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back