Combat! TV Series playset suggestions (1 Viewer)

Could you give the links to the websites for the playset boxes? I might want to get one.
I think a combo of the TSSD and CTS Germans would work well, and a combo of some of the CTS, TSSD, and Conte G.I.'s would work also. Look forward to your final result.
BOBBYGMOORE

Tssd Germans are great but all are in great coats for winter? I don't know any combat episodes in winter or at least thru seasons 1,2, and 5.

Tssd Germans are great but all are in great coats for winter? I don't know any combat episodes in winter or at least thru seasons 1,2, and 5.
I can remember 2 winter episodes, both from Season 3, 'The Silver Service', and 'Mountain Man'. I think those are the only 2 episodes with snow, anyway. -- Al

I can remember 2 winter episodes, both from Season 3, 'The Silver Service', and 'Mountain Man'. I think those are the only 2 episodes with snow, anyway. -- Al

Haven't gotten to season 3 yet. Must have been a freak snow in California? during filming?

Haven't gotten to season 3 yet. Must have been a freak snow in California? during filming?
Actually, the show's producers sent a second unit film team to Squaw Valley Ski Resort to shoot the exterior scenes for 'The Silver Service'. They actually got enough footage to use in a second winter episode, 'Mountain Man'. The producers were able to make use of Pierre Jalbert's skiing ability in this episode. Just as a matter of interest, 'The Silver Service' was the rare episode where neither Rick Jason or Vic Morrow appeared. It was all Hogan, Jalbert, and the guest stars. -- Al

Actually, the show's producers sent a second unit film team to Squaw Valley Ski Resort to shoot the exterior scenes for 'The Silver Service'. They actually got enough footage to use in a second winter episode, 'Mountain Man'. The producers were able to make use of Pierre Jalbert's skiing ability in this episode. Just as a matter of interest, 'The Silver Service' was the rare episode where neither Rick Jason or Vic Morrow appeared. It was all Hogan, Jalbert, and the guest stars. -- Al

Thanks for the insight. I have the Jo Davidsmeyer book and frequent the website when I watch my DVDs. I only remember bits of the show from say 65 to 66. The one I recall the best is the dropping the hand grenade down the turret on top of the tank. Wondered why they weren't latched. Could have been 67 too but we didn't have a color TV. I was only 5 or 6. I have the complete DVD set and have completed season 5, half of season 1 and half of season 2. I always wanted character figures from Combat! to make a playset and now have them. If only marx had negotiated with Combat and ABC (?) for the rights instead of the Gallant men playset. I wonder if it's value would have approached wagon train or maybe johnny ringo status? In hindsight a wiser choice in my opinion.

I was thinking of their second set of Germans with the machinegun team.
BOBBYGMOORE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back