Completed Crusades Diorama (1 Viewer)

Re: My Completed Diorama (better images #3)

Love your eye for detail.I personally would have used different shades of brow grass tufts. ( Middle East, crusades, arid land , desert)
guy:)

Thank you...... Guy, Tom, Robin, Poppo and OD, for your kind compliments.

Love your eye for detail.I personally would have used different shades of brow grass tufts. ( Middle East, crusades, arid land , desert)

Guy, thanks for your compliment and suggestion. Here is another area of the diorama. In this dry, rocky area, there is an Acacia tree and the grass tufts are brown. I've never been to the middle east, but I tried to duplicate images that I found on the internet. For example, I have a picture of an Acacia tree in the desert, where there are only rocks all around it, like I've done in my diorama. I also have another picture of an Acacia tree in the desert, with green bushes in patches all around it. I have pictures where there are patches of green grasses/weeds and sheep are grazing, etc. I figure there must be some green bushes and grassy areas in that region. There may also have been a bit of artistic license involved on my part. I wanted to show some variation in terrain and since the diorama is of only a small area of land, I had to compress the different terrains into a small space. I also figure the inhabitants may have done some terrascaping themselves, such a planting grass and a green bush or two in some areas around the buildings. The beauty of this is that I can always make some adjustments, if I choose to at a later date. I do appreciate your input and I shall consider your suggestion. Have a great day. George AKA: bearybones

Attachments

• DSC01692.JPG
    DSC01692.JPG
    440.9 KB · Views: 75
Re: My Completed Crusades Diorama (better images #4)

Thank you, Wayne, John, Panzer Ace, Iron Brigade and Maple Leaf, for your positive responses.

Re: My Completed Crusades Diorama (better Images)

Thank you, everyone, for your kind, positive remarks. George AKA: bearybones

Re: My Completed Crusades Diorama (better images #2)

Thank you, Wayne and Guy, for your compliments. George AKA: bearybones

Very nice work. I have a few of these figures along with some St Petersburg. Would love to a diorama like yours. Thanks for showing, Mike

.....I personally would have used different shades of brown grass tufts. ( Middle East, crusades, arid land , desert)
Deserts are not brown all year. I live in the desert. With the Spring rains it greens up. The
brown grass has to grow sometime.:) Here is a picture in Jordan:
meLrYUI.jpg

Deserts are not brown all year. I live in the desert. With the Spring rains it greens up. The
brown grass has to grow sometime.:) Here is a picture in Jordan:
View attachment 134302

Thank you, BL Reed. Very nice of you and I like the image. That is the kind of picture I based the green areas of my diorama on. George AKA: bearybones

Very nice work. I have a few of these figures along with some St Petersburg. Would love to a diorama like yours. Thanks for showing, Mike

Thanks, Mike. I've had a lot of fun building this diorama. I've been collecting the figures, buildings, etc. for many years. George AKA: bearybones

Absolutely beautiful work with the diorama, but dust must be a nightmare for you.:eek:

Thank you, Ivanmoe. Oh yeah....dust? Well, it's not an issue at this point. When it finally is, I guess a nice soft brush and the extension hose from "Old Betsy", our trusty, old Sears vacuum cleaner, should do the trick. Hey, I'm a veteran of this sort of thing. When I was a kid, my favorite thing was my HO train layout that I kept working on and adding to over the years, until I finally grew older, left home and had to disassemble it and sell it piece meal. I had that in my bedroom for many years and dust was never an issue that I had any difficulty dealing with. Of course, I'm at the age now, where my wife will soon be periodically dusting the dust off of me. Collecting toy soldiers and building dioramas helps to keep us aging baby boomers young.

Thank you, Ivanmoe. Oh yeah....dust? Well, it's not an issue at this point. When it finally is, I guess a nice soft brush and the extension hose from "Old Betsy", our trusty, old Sears vacuum cleaner, should do the trick. Hey, I'm a veteran of this sort of thing. When I was a kid, my favorite thing was my HO train layout that I kept working on and adding to over the years, until I finally grew older, left home and had to disassemble it and sell it piece meal. I had that in my bedroom for many years and dust was never an issue that I had any difficulty dealing with. Of course, I'm at the age now, where my wife will soon be periodically dusting the dust off of me. Collecting toy soldiers and building dioramas helps to keep us aging baby boomers young.

I agree with you....For me also dust in dioramas is not a problem:salute::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back