Confed Cup (1 Viewer)

damian

1st Lieutenant
Seems like the golden age is over for Spanish football.
Well done Brazil.

That's a lot of nonsense. Spain was beaten in the last Confederations Cup and no winner of this minor trophy has ever gone onto win the WC. They played a poor game but it is also not easy playing in the Maracana and there is no doubt the officials were influenced by the crowd. If anything, this may serve as a wake up call.

Viva Espana!

Well the WC is in Brazil and that will be quite an advantage.
3 nil is quite a drubbing though.

There is no doubt it was a humiliating game and the match changed on that early score and was basically over when they conceded the second goal. We shall see if Brasil are good enough to get to the final. It's not for nothing that Spain is the number 1 team and Brasil 22 (although that will change after yesterday's match).

And in case you think the golden days of Spanish futbol are waning, not only are they World Champions but so are the U-21s.

Great match for Brazil, maybe this will build greater hype for the WC and a little less civil unrest during the tournament. Should be interesting.

Having lived in Brasil when I was a kid and being a fan except when they play Spain (where I also lived), the tournament doesn't need any hyping down there or, frankly, anywhere in the world.

That's a tricky question. I lived not only in Spain and Brasil but also Uruguay so I root for them also. My priorities are Spain, Brasil and Uruguay in that order. However, if anyone other than Spain is playing the USA, I'm rooting for the USA.

I sympathize with the protestors who are protesting the building of new stadiums and facilities when there are more pressing needs. I never thought Brasil was a great choice for that reason. However, it was the turn of a Latin American nation to host the WC and frankly none of them are in great shape. Something like a combination of Argentina and Brasil similar to what Japan and Korea did in 2002 would have made sense.

I also think that Qatar or the Middle East for 2022 (I believe) is foolish but there's a lot of corruption in FIFA.

My sons trainers are from Uruguay, so I am going USA, Germany and then Uruguay. They are such nice guys I would love for their team to advance deep. FIFA seems to run like most governments (poorly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back