Covid 20 Restoration- A New Hope (Prussian Hussar). (1 Viewer)

The Prussian Hussar and another Napoleonic New Hope to keep him company.

Finally done!

Attachments

• IMG_8242.jpg
    IMG_8242.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_8243.jpg
    IMG_8243.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_8247.jpg
    IMG_8247.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 120
The Prussian Hussar and another Napoleonic New Hope to keep him company.

Finally done!

Well done, but I'm not sure if they will be friends ???

A Prussian Hussar and a Dutch Lancer of Napoleon's Imperial Guard!!

Maybe they can have a couple of things in common.....

Horses ?????

Beer? ?????

and complaining about Officers !!!!! :) :) :)

John

Well done, but I'm not sure if they will be friends ???

A Prussian Hussar and a Dutch Lancer of Napoleon's Imperial Guard!!

Maybe they can have a couple of things in common.....

Horses ?????

Beer? ?????

and complaining about Officers !!!!! :) :) :)

John

Indeed they have something in common... both are survivors from the box of broken New Hopes.

The Brunswick Light Infantry man may well join them soon.

Scott

Attachments

• Old New Hopes 1.JPG
    Old New Hopes 1.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Old New Hopes 2.JPG
    Old New Hopes 2.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 125
Indeed they have something in common... both are survivors from the box of broken New Hopes.

The Brunswick Light Infantry man may well join them soon.

Scott

You mean the 'Man in Black' ???

bruns.jpg

I've just finished the 'Man in Grey' a figure by Ulrich Puchala with an officer & bugler.

Looking forward to seeing him come to life too,

John

Yes, that's the one John- Light Infantry Avantgarde.

He is missing a bayonet and his pack and blanket but looks like he will clean up OK.

You don't happen to have any images of them showing a rear view of the pack and blanket? I am planning on sculpting them with Milliput.

I think the clean rotund figure in my box is also a Brunswick.

Scott

Yes, that's the one John- Light Infantry Avantgarde.

He is missing a bayonet and his pack and blanket but looks like he will clean up OK.

You don't happen to have any images of them showing a rear view of the pack and blanket? I am planning on sculpting them with Milliput.

I think the clean rotund figure in my box is also a Brunswick.

Scott

Scott,

I'll check my troops and see if I can help with the pack.

The clean figure is MA0594 Field Officer, 1st Line Battalion, 1815

bruns2.jpg

Hope that helps,
John

By the way,

I also see that you have the boy fifer there awaiting his colours and a French officer, needing a repaint.

I have them ...

NHDlightinf.JPG

John

Appreciate you having a look John. First Legion made a nice figure of which I have found some images of the pack and gear. They actually look simple (nice and boxy).

The Field Officer sculpt by New Hope is considerably more portly than the Osprey illustration.

The fifer is a double up. I painted one years ago. Nice little figure.

Scott

Attachments

• First legion Brunswick Light Infantry 2 .JPG
    First legion Brunswick Light Infantry 2 .JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 103
  • First legion Brunswick Light Infantry.JPG
    First legion Brunswick Light Infantry.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4807.jpg
    IMG_4807.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4808.jpg
    IMG_4808.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 118
Scott,

I have checked my Brunswick troops, and they all have British style back pack, some are black and some are khaki coloured with lettering and the Hanoverian Horse emblem.

3brunswick.jpg

Frontline, Patriot and Ulrich Puchala.

Hope the helps too, but the FL figure looks great !

John

Thanks for that. They actually look very easy to sculpt. The horse can be painted on.

Scott

A bit more progress.

Have stripped,cleaned up the Brunswick Light Infantryman and am now re-assembling him ready to sculpt his pack and blanket roll. Will also have to repair the bayonet on his musket and make a ramrod for his left hand.

Attachments

• IMG_8257.jpg
    IMG_8257.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8258.jpg
    IMG_8258.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 97
While I was stripping the Brunswick I found another figure I had left with the gear a while ago. The figure is Valiant Miniatures Bugle Major of the Highland Light Infantry, stationed at Malta in 1898- an odd choice of subject I think, but something Valiant seemed to do.

Attached is a picture from the Valiant site, which incidentally has been reversed (the plaid should be over his left shoulder). He was missing a helmet spike and the scabbard for the short sword worn on his left side so I made replacements and he needs cleaning up and priming before painting. The tartan is Mackenzie and I need to work on painting tartan.

He was dropped at some stage as well and the front of his Wolseley helmet is damaged over his right eye. Any thoughts on how to repair that?

Scott

Attachments

• Bugle Major.JPG
    Bugle Major.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_8255.jpg
    IMG_8255.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8256.jpg
    IMG_8256.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 115
A bit more progress.

Have stripped,cleaned up the Brunswick Light Infantryman and am now re-assembling him ready to sculpt his pack and blanket roll. Will also have to repair the bayonet on his musket and make a ramrod for his left hand.

I'll be following this soldiers repainting, and looking forward to seeing him completed,

John

The tartan is Mackenzie and I need to work on painting tartan.

Any thoughts on how to repair that?

Scott

Scott, as far as painting the tartan, I have a page on my website of 'How to paint tartans' http://members.upnaway.com/~obees/soldiers/tartan.htm
That works for me :) .......The soldier in the centre is HLI
brig3.jpg

For the front of the helmet, add some filler, then sand off carefully it should hold when painted.

John

Thanks John,

I filed down the high spots of the dent and then put some green stuff on the helmet rim last night. Sanded it down with wet/dry this morning and primed. Not perfect but will get me out of trouble with this figure.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_8278.jpg
    IMG_8278.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8281.jpg
    IMG_8281.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 77
Thanks John,

I filed down the high spots of the dent and then put some green stuff on the helmet rim last night. Sanded it down with wet/dry this morning and primed. Not perfect but will get me out of trouble with this figure.

Scott

Yes, looks good, just like how I suggested you do, so looking forward to seeing the painting :)

John

Scott, as far as painting the tartan, I have a page on my website of 'How to paint tartans' http://members.upnaway.com/~obees/soldiers/tartan.htm
That works for me :) .......The soldier in the centre is HLI
brig3.jpg

For the front of the helmet, add some filler, then sand off carefully it should hold when painted.

John

John,

Those tartans look amazing! Now I want to find you some WWI highlander castings to paint!^&cool^&cool

Thanks John,

Scott

Scott, the primed figure looks perfect! I can't wait to see the finished product!:salute::

A bit more progress on the HLI Bugle Major. Tartan next.

Attachments

• IMG_8288.jpg
    IMG_8288.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 49
The Brunswicker is coming along slowly.

I made his pack and blanket roll from Milliput. No exact science used but scaled it roughly from the First Legion figure. A paper clip has come in handy to replace the ramrod, and, after sharpening the lost bayonet. A bit of a clean up and the figure will be ready for priming.

Attachments

• IMG_8295.jpg
    IMG_8295.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_8292.jpg
    IMG_8292.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8290.jpg
    IMG_8290.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8291.jpg
    IMG_8291.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 48
Figures always look better in primer. Need to sand down the Araldite around the bayonet.

Attachments

• BLI1.JPG
    BLI1.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 70
  • BLI2.JPG
    BLI2.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread

Back