Cows!!! (1 Viewer)

And here's a perfect example of why Airfix will always be number one in my 'umble opinon...
As old as any of us, built straight out of the box, with a bit of slap on...

006.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

{sm3}​

It's a good job the plucky Tommy's are well armed, clock the size of them mutant chickens around the pond!!!

hg.jpg

%^V​

There is a calming feel to that scene.
Move over army men . bring on the Cows:smile2:

Cows can be problematic too. Look below at these three bulls, all supposedly 1/32. What do we have - Figarati, Collectors Showcase and King & Country! First tanks now cows! What do you udder-counters out there think about mixing these!000_2561.jpg

Nice, Harry! What's the make on those cattle? I take it they're plastic?

Cows can be problematic too. Look below at these three bulls, all supposedly 1/32. What do we have - Figarati, Collectors Showcase and King & Country! First tanks now cows! What do you udder-counters out there think about mixing these!

I don't quite agree. Cows come in different sizes, even within the same breed, and certainly across different breeds, you have different shapes and sizes. I think you can get a more natural-looking group with cattle from different makers. There is a limit, of course, but in this regard, it's the same issue as mixing figures from different makers.

Prost!
Brad

I use Britains/Heralds 1/32 painted plastic cows and farm animals for my farms. All three of those cows are availble in exact poses as the metal ones from the same company. The black angus were a "recent" release from a couple years ago. They recycle the same cow figure and paint different colors for different breeds.

I have a couple old Britain's hollowcast cows, to go with my Prussians. The Prussian army used to herd cattle on the march, and they provided the meat ration in camp. A pair of soldiers in each company were designated as the butchers. The captain received the tongue (considered a delicacy), and they sold the hides to tanners.

Prost!
Brad

I use Britains/Heralds 1/32 painted plastic cows and farm animals for my farms. All three of those cows are availble in exact poses as the metal ones from the same company. The black angus were a "recent" release from a couple years ago. They recycle the same cow figure and paint different colors for different breeds.

Unfortunately they are not, Britains did make lead cows and bulls but they do not look like that. The middle bull is not Britains either.

Nice, Harry! What's the make on those cattle? I take it they're plastic?

I don't quite agree. Cows come in different sizes, even within the same breed, and certainly across different breeds, you have different shapes and sizes. I think you can get a more natural-looking group with cattle from different makers. There is a limit, of course, but in this regard, it's the same issue as mixing figures from different makers.

Prost!
Brad

All of the cows here are Britains (with the exception of the brown & white bull in the middle, probably a cheap HK knock off!)

I would think the black and white bull would make a nice Jersey bull repaint (would be better for WWII also as they were probably more common back then.)

Here are my repaints :-

Simmental
attachment.php

Pinzgauer
attachment.php

Jersey
attachment.php

Hereford
attachment.php

Guernsey
attachment.php

Belted Galloway
attachment.php

Ayrshire
attachment.php

Last edited:
Well spotted britfarmer! The middle cow is by Country Life/NewRay. They have an extensive farm series with heaps of accesories - all very affordable. Even so I thought that my son's farm was more of a 'hobby farm', given he only had 5 cows (and a couple were VERY cheap HK rip-offs) so for Christmas I ordered him 2 sets of Britains cows in the classic 1/32 scale. Now his farm looks the real deal!

As for the size difference, yes, cows come in all shapes and sizes - apparently just like Tiger tanks can - much to the frustration of some over in the painted metal sections!

Then there are the bulls from Disney's herd ... a breed apart, they say ...ferdinand.jpg:eek:

I love the Britians/Herald farm animals in plastic. Brit Farmer are yours plastic or metal in the post below? Can anyone tell me a US distributor for plastic Britain farm animals?

Those are all plastic. I do have the old lead one but I haven't repainted any of those. I haven't been able to find anyone who sells the animals over here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back