Crates & Barrels (ACCPACK027A) & Office Tea Set (ACCPACK029) (2 Viewers)

Hi fellas,

I had to pick up TGM's recent Crate & Barrel set with German markings (ACCPACK027A) to add to my Afrikakorps collection (plus everyone needs an Indie crate for their desert adventures).

While I like the set which makes an excellent add-on to any diorama, I was surprised how BIG the Big Crate really was. The thing is HUGE! It would have been awesome to have an opening lid but it's still really cool.

On the flip side, I also purchased the Office Tea Set (ACCPACK029). Everything, esp. the chair seems really small. I tried placing a K&C figure on the chair which is just too small for even a smaller figure. I'm curious if the new sitting German officers are equally small?

In any case, I loaded my K&C Opel Blitz with some of the crates and barrel which I think works pretty well. Now I just need an Indie figure for the famous chase! {sm4}

attachment.php

Yes these smack of Indiana Jones. Very useful set, some of which I will be using with my Vietnam dio. Robin.

Hi Rob,

I totally agree with you and let me add that the chair of the other set (TGMACC038) is smaller still.{eek3} However…as you can see below... I really love this stuff ! :rolleyes:

Table with chairs.jpg

Cheers

Enrico

Last edited:
Hi Enrico,
Is the large round table and chairs made of metal or some lighter material?
I don't get the scale of the chairs though; can't help but wonder why so small???

Very useful set, some of which I will be using with my Vietnam dio.
Hey Robin, sounds cool; never made the link for use in the Pacific. Nice idea.

Hi Enrico,
Is the large round table and chairs made of metal or some lighter material?
I don't get the scale of the chairs though; can't help but wonder why so small???

Hi Rob,

the round table and the chairs are made of metal but sadly in a smaller scale... :( That' s a real pity...althougt, as I've already said, I really love them. :smile2: Maybe.... TG has figured about small size of his bunker in the pipeline... {eek3}

Cheers

Enrico

the round table and the chairs are made of metal but sadly in a smaller scale... :( That' s a real pity...althougt, as I've already said, I really love them. :smile2: Maybe.... TG has figured about small size of his bunker in the pipeline...
Thanks; I don't get it though. The figures are compatible in size to K&C yet furnishings smaller?
I ordered one and maybe pursuing the bunker but I like size compatibility. What good is a whole bunch of chairs that no one can sit on.^&confuse

Thanks; I don't get it though. The figures are compatible in size to K&C yet furnishings smaller?
I ordered one and maybe pursuing the bunker but I like size compatibility. What good is a whole bunch of chairs that no one can sit on.^&confuse

Hi Rob,

as you can see below, the chairs are not 100% compatible in size to K&C figures...:rolleyes2: I totally agree with you on your doubts, mate! {eek3}

74393786_2459460234182078_4875138973061611520_n.jpg74863282_2459453570849411_9030101502126981120_n.jpg

[FONT=Montserrat, Tahoma, Meiryo, arial, sans-serif]I hope I've been useful somehow. [/FONT]:rolleyes:

Cheers

Enrico

Thanks for the images. I have the K&C table and chairs as well. Quite a difference but it looks like one can still place a sitting figure. Good to know. Appreciate the pix.

Hi WA and thanks for pointing this out. I will look into this and get back to all concerned soon. True the chairs look a wee bit small but they are really for decoration only. All our seated figures come with a chair as I am sure K&C's do, so in theory any seated figure with a chair can be sat at the table still.
There will be no issues for anybody buying the bunker, its something like 20cm wide and could not be any bigger due to the casting constraints of resin. You should be able to fit around 10 -12 TG or K&C figures inside it.

Best wishes Jack

Last edited:
Hi WA and thanks for pointing this out. I will look into this and get back to all concerned soon. True the chairs look a wee bit small but they are really for decoration only. All our seated figures come with a chair as I am sure K&C's do, so in theory any seated figure with a chair can be sat at the table still.
There will be no issues for anybody buying the bunker, its something like 20cm wide and could not be any bigger due to the casting constraints of resin. You should be able to fit around 10 -12 TG or K&C figures inside it.
Thanks much Jack. I really appreciate you weighing in on this. Every now and then I'd like to use the chairs in various scenes. I really like the new bunker scene, furnishing and figures. I appreciate all the little details like the sausage plate and the maps on the round table.
Again, thank you for taking time to comment.

EDIT: here's an additional shot of the new sets for those of you thinking about adding them to your collection. I have the Round Table on order. Please don't mind the table runner; was part of our Halloween decor.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks much Jack. I really appreciate you weighing in on this. Every now and then I'd like to use the chairs in various scenes. I really like the new bunker scene, furnishing and figures. I appreciate all the little details like the sausage plate and the maps on the round table.
Again, thank you for taking time to comment.

EDIT: here's an additional shot of the new sets for those of you thinking about adding them to your collection. I have the Round Table on order. Please don't mind the table runner; was part of our Halloween decor.

attachment.php

I like that table runner!

Best wishes Jack

Hi Jack,

although the chairs have been created "for decoration only", I really love them! :eek: I've bought all your new figures and sets and now I'm looking forward for the bunker! I already pre-ordered it ... so the question is... how long will it take? :)

Thank you in advance!

cheers

Enrico

Yes the bunker is holding up my order from being filled. Hopefully soon. Robin.

I ordered each of the new TGM crates sets (unmarked variants) and I am very pleased with them! They are useful in a variety of settings and across different brands. The larger crates I’m actually using with some of my large 1/18 scale setups. The unmarked sets I purchased still came with decals so I could add the German stenciling if I wish. Overall these crate sets are a great addition to TGM’s WWII lineup. Here’s a couple quick photos of the crates & supplies in action:

20286654-F639-4-B33-AF79-92-D18-A39-CBD6.jpg

4-CC8-BA52-C7-E3-43-C9-A86-B-DC55-C180-E8-B9.jpg

B98-F7644-D979-4523-8-E27-09-E7-D5-DE49-F0.jpg

F92-CAE50-6-FE1-48-CF-B2-A9-6-AF0-D413-A606.jpg

B4-DBC889-1115-420-E-98-A6-9-BF7-EA5-E8-E6-B.jpg

BA58-DBE3-4023-4-FC4-A806-46975-FFBC717.jpg

813-BB636-AEC5-4669-9-DBC-E3-A2-E5912033.jpg

8517-FA51-E9-CE-49-CB-B907-98224-E623-C57.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back