Creature ...Black lagoon Playset 90% complete with base (1 Viewer)

CanesBart

Private 2
The Shoreline base will be raised 1 foot, with a small plexiglass "surface" section of the water for the boat, over a lagoon bottom terrain, and rock/seaweed bases what will have acrylic rods to hold the divers and swimming Creature.

Also need to add some more jungle foilage to the shore, and build the backside of the cave for interior play.

Julie Adams probably wants a white swimsuit painted on her as well?

Any suggestions? The boat seems a bit...drab. Need some color somewhere

BASE1.jpg

Base2.jpg

The boat looks fine to me - realistically worn and weathered as it would be after years of travelling the jungle rivers. Reminds me of the fun and imagination of childhood when we sat on our living room or bedroom floors and re-enacted our favorite movies with our toy soldiers.

The boat looks fine to me - realistically worn and weathered as it would be after years of travelling the jungle rivers. Reminds me of the fun and imagination of childhood when we sat on our living room or bedroom floors and re-enacted our favorite movies with our toy soldiers.

Thanks :) Have to finish the net, and make some diving tanks on a rack on the rear superstructure, and paint "RITA" on the bow hull.

I think I will build the vertical base for the shore out of strong pink foam, and detail it like a rock formation.

Marx' last playset, in 1980, BTW, was a "Jaws" style set, with boat, on raised water base, over a sea base with background. Kinda what Im doing here.

Jeff

the boat is fine as in the film it is really faded and weathered and it looks bleached , But it was Black and white . I like the idea of the plexiglass and base .

I did a diorama a few years ago . but used a Trumpeter display case made a seascape on top of it and made the underwater scene in the base area . I'll see if I can find a photograph .

Damian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back