CTS Korea War Chinese 54MM Figures (1 Viewer)

The Katzie Kid

Staff Sergeant
Check out CTS website for Korea War Chinese 54MM!!! About time.Now if somebody would do a Gregory Peck figure for my "Pork Chop Hill"LOL.

That's an interesting set! The ChiComs are in cool weather uniforms. Could this mean that a Korean Conflict set of GIs might be coming? Most GIs from many sources are in the M1941 uniforms or HBT fatigues. Some of the CTS GIs are in M1943 jackets, which are appropriate uniforms for Korea, but it would sure be nice to have more US figures in the late-WW2/Korean uniforms. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Gary B.

That's an interesting set! The ChiComs are in cool weather uniforms. Could this mean that a Korean Conflict set of GIs might be coming? Most GIs from many sources are in the M1941 uniforms or HBT fatigues. Some of the CTS GIs are in M1943 jackets, which are appropriate uniforms for Korea, but it would sure be nice to have more US figures in the late-WW2/Korean uniforms. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Gary B.

I should have the Chinese mid week next week, too bad they won't get here in time for the Edison New Jersey show.

As far as GI's; well, not exactly.............................that's all I can say about it at this time..........:wink2:

I should have the Chinese mid week next week, too bad they won't get here in time for the Edison New Jersey show.

As far as GI's; well, not exactly.............................that's all I can say about it at this time..........:wink2:

Any info if they are going to do a "set 2" of Korean War Chinese?
BOBBYGMOORE

Any info if they are going to do a "set 2" of Korean War Chinese?
BOBBYGMOORE

I don't know what their plans are beyond the four sets they told me about.............a second set of Chinese was not mentioned.

Maybe I missed what the 4 sets are?
McGough himself said on another site the following:wanted to let you know that we (CTS) have sets of North Koreans, South Korean, U.S. Marines and assorted heavy weapons with crews planed in various stages of development. GI’s, other U.N. participants and Vehicles are also in discussion. That's great news! I was reasonably sure there were other sets planned. CTS usually does 2 opposing forces. So, North and South Koreans and U.S. marines will be a great start and add in artillery and crews and you'll have a great Korean War set up. I'm not sure we'll see any other armies, that might take 10 years to do. I think the UN allies in the conflict numbered about 19, and included British, French, Phillipines, Ethiopia, Columbia, Greece, Norway, Canada, Turkey, Australia, Holland, et al. Jeez, this would be the undertaking of the century. Glad the main participants will be featured.

e

[ I'm not sure we'll see any other armies, that might take 10 years to do. I think the UN allies in the conflict numbered about 19, and included British, French, Phillipines, Ethiopia, Columbia, Greece, Norway, Canada, Turkey, Australia, Holland, et al. Jeez, this would be the undertaking of the century. Glad the main participants will be featured.

e[/QUOTE]

Most UN figures would look just like US unless they really concentrated on facial features but a Commonwealth Division Set(UK,Canada,Australia,New Zealand) would be more attractive as they used different weapons,headgear and a "Centurion" tank would be a Boobydazzler eh!!

[ I'm not sure we'll see any other armies, that might take 10 years to do. I think the UN allies in the conflict numbered about 19, and included British, French, Phillipines, Ethiopia, Columbia, Greece, Norway, Canada, Turkey, Australia, Holland, et al. Jeez, this would be the undertaking of the century. Glad the main participants will be featured.

e

Most UN figures would look just like US unless they really concentrated on facial features but a Commonwealth Division Set(UK,Canada,Australia,New Zealand) would be more attractive as they used different weapons,headgear and a "Centurion" tank would be a Boobydazzler eh!![/QUOTE] Very true! Probably won't happen, unless this line really takes off, which it may well do. Costs on new pieces probably won't be as much as usual because of the huge amount of world war 2 tanks/vehicle/artillery that CTS already has. Russian tanks can be used for the communist forces and even the GI's CTS did in 2012 can easily fit in. Plus TSSD has great GI's in winter coats for that awful winter campaign. This will be a home run and a great new addition for the hobby. CTS gets a gold medal for this release!

Those are very nice figures! Does anyone know if they are Marx/Airfix 54mm or the 54mm formerly known as 60mm as is popular now? I don't have any of CTS's newer figures but I have some of their older figures who are more compatible with Marx and Airfix than Conte and TSSD. How about the 2012 CTS GIs and Germans? What size are they? The most recent CTS output I have are their small 54mm Japanese and Mohawks.

Those are very nice figures! Does anyone know if they are Marx/Airfix 54mm or the 54mm formerly known as 60mm as is popular now? I don't have any of CTS's newer figures but I have some of their older figures who are more compatible with Marx and Airfix than Conte and TSSD. How about the 2012 CTS GIs and Germans? What size are they? The most recent CTS output I have are their small 54mm Japanese and Mohawks.

A lot of the CTS WW2 stuff that I have bought in the last few years was closer to the Conte/TSSD sized figures. Maybe a tad smaller, but still "beefier" than a Marx figure.

A lot of the CTS WW2 stuff that I have bought in the last few years was closer to the Conte/TSSD sized figures. Maybe a tad smaller, but still "beefier" than a Marx figure.
CTS has released civil war and world war 2 sets of figures for the last 3 or 4 years. IMHO they are much better. Their early figures tended to be hit or miss. The Alamo mexicans were very good. But their texans fell short, heads and body a little flat. Their Hessians were good, the Mohawk Indians also a little off with flat and small heads on several poses, although other poses came out well. Mounted Sioux were good, Japs also good. First set of Germans were pretty small, too small for Marx Germans but went well with Airfix. Romans and Carthagenians were the worst. But since they went to a new sculptor/process they have hit home runs on all their releases. Germans and GI's will go well with Marx and TSSD, the difference only slight with Marx being the skinnier of the 3 makers. As CTS plans to release sets of North and South Koreans and US marines with artillery and crews the Korean war will be very well represented. This is a great addition and long overdue.

The newer CTS Germans and GI's with artillery crews and medics are much more scale friendly with TSSD and Marx than their first set of Germans. Those Germans were close to Airfix scale. So it's a safe bet that the Chinese and Koreans will be more in scale to recent CTS figures. And you'll be able to use the 2012 GI's in this conflict as uniforms and equipment were pretty much the same. CTS of late is trying to make their scale close to Marx, as their civil war sets have shown. But they are not too much different than TSSD world war 2 either. I would say the TSSD are the largest, with CTS being a fraction smaller, then Marx. IMHO all 3 makers can go without size being too much of an issue.

I just got a set of the CTS Korean War Chinese... they are definitely closer to TSSD sized figures..

Jim

I wonder if you carved on the puttees of the figures whether these may make Finnish troops in the Winter War. The PPsh is close to the KP31 Suomi.

How compatible are these guys with Soviets from ww2? Their winter clothes seem to match up, but my memory may be remembering what I want it to. Hoe do the weapons and gear match up?

How compatible are these guys with Soviets from ww2? Their winter clothes seem to match up, but my memory may be remembering what I want it to. Hoe do the weapons and gear match up?

Unless you are a total realism fanatic I would say they could easily be used as Siberians, like in this 1/72 Revell set: Picture_RVL-2516-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back