Customized M113A1 ACAV (2 Viewers)

Great modifications and excellent photos. Your work shows the great potential of this model for customization!

Great job man!!! WOW!!! A 5th ID vehicle no less!!! I was always wondering why the 5th never got any love......I was with them in 1992 before my unit moved over to Hood.....I cut my teeth on the 113 at Polk with the 5ID......though they were tan lol

I think it looks simply fantastic!! I guess if it were possible, and depending how realistic you wanted to get with it, I'd darken the hull above the tracks. Those were the areas my track always got dirtiest at.

Again, great job!!
CC

Great job man!!! WOW!!! A 5th ID vehicle no less!!! I was always wondering why the 5th never got any love......I was with them in 1992 before my unit moved over to Hood.....I cut my teeth on the 113 at Polk with the 5ID......though they were tan lol

I think it looks simply fantastic!! I guess if it were possible, and depending how realistic you wanted to get with it, I'd darken the hull above the tracks. Those were the areas my track always got dirtiest at.

Again, great job!!
CC

Thanks for commenting. I grew up by Fort Polk and my uncle took me to the base/fort often. I fell in love with the M113 but I never had to live in one so I'm sure you have a very different view of it! I have a light weathering of Vietnam "red clay" above the tracks but it doesn't show up well in the pix. The markings are not 100% correct but are based off a Red Devil track in 'Nam. I wanted a colorful scheme so i borrowed some other markings. Thanks again, on to the next conversion!!

I do like what you've done here, though since my skill and hand isn't up to painting these. I guess I could go down the Decals line.
The K&C US M113 I think was mentioned as coming out in a few months and depending on what unit or unit they portray take it from there. In the meantime I'll keep mine bare other than the mud ^&grin

Steve

I do like what you've done here, though since my skill and hand isn't up to painting these. I guess I could go down the Decals line.
The K&C US M113 I think was mentioned as coming out in a few months and depending on what unit or unit they portray take it from there. In the meantime I'll keep mine bare other than the mud ^&grin

Steve

Thats the beauty of the US M113 in Vietnam, regulations were seldom followed. They went from totally void of any markings to some outrageous decorations. I tend to lean toward regulation with a little graffiti. I really look forward to some K&C US Vietnam riders, they will look great on this set. The TCS M113 is a great set to begin with but really begs to be modified. I'm thinking about doing an IDF version in the future.

Thats the beauty of the US M113 in Vietnam, regulations were seldom followed. They went from totally void of any markings to some outrageous decorations. I tend to lean toward regulation with a little graffiti. I really look forward to some K&C US Vietnam riders, they will look great on this set. The TCS M113 is a great set to begin with but really begs to be modified. I'm thinking about doing an IDF version in the future.

Already made a start with taking the base off VN40 and removing the crate VN47 sits on which gives you two Riders.
178.jpg179.jpg

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back