D-Day Diorama (1 Viewer)

S

sceic2

This is my diorama. The two beach and cliff scene bases are JG Miniature. I used a Woodland Scenics modular stand set as the base and put 1/4 plywood on three sides to enclose it. I used a 3/4 piece of finished plywood as the base. I use the space under the diorama for storage of the vehicle and figures set boxes. I'm still work't on the water. Haven't figured out what or how to do it yet, but that problem will be solved soon. Like all my dioramas, its a work in progress, lots of things to do to finish it up.

Last edited:
Here are the pictures. I uploaded the first post without thinking, again. It's a habit of mine to blindly go forth without thinking. Got'a change that. Seems to get me into trouble once and a while:rolleyes: The base is 60x24 inches lined with molding to keep everything on.

Attachments

• IMAG0102.JPG
    IMAG0102.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 494
  • IMAG0100.JPG
    IMAG0100.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,925
  • IMAG0101.JPG
    IMAG0101.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 732
  • IMAG0103.JPG
    IMAG0103.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 519
  • IMAG0104.JPG
    IMAG0104.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 498
WELL GOOD!!!! Are you going to paint the bit the landing craft is sitting on blue???????:D:eek::confused::eek::D

Very cool. I've seen those JG miniatures D-Day bases in Gideon's store Classic Toys before it closed, and I thought they were awesome. I agree with Arnhem44mad that some sort of faux water around the landing craft would look good.

Very nice!!! Thanks for sharing- brings a tear to my eye as I remember my KC landing craft-DD12- the one I sold 3 years ago for $75!! :mad:

Love the diorama Michael,

but I still like that Napoleonic Diorama you post on the diorama thread last year. It was great!

Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back