DAK Pictures-First Legion PzIVf-2 conversion from Eastern Front to Africa Korps (1 Viewer)

phoenix26

Private
I got tired of waiting for FL to make a DAK PzIVf-2 so here is my attempt at expanding the FL DAK tank force. I still need to do a little bit of light weathering on the turret numbers to take away the shine. I look forward to your comments. :salute::

Attachments

• DSC_7517.JPG
    DSC_7517.JPG
    313.6 KB · Views: 470
  • DSC_7521.JPG
    DSC_7521.JPG
    325.2 KB · Views: 468
  • DSC_7526.JPG
    DSC_7526.JPG
    294.3 KB · Views: 473
  • DSC_7532.JPG
    DSC_7532.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 471
  • DSC_7533.JPG
    DSC_7533.JPG
    300.6 KB · Views: 473
My goodness that looks good!!!!! Did you do it all yourself? I so...{bravo}}

I wish i could say yes. I am fortunate to know someone who is a great military modeler. I gave him this project and did not really know if he would be able to paint out the grey. Obviously he did a great job IMHO. He is doing more projects for me and i will post them as he completes them for me.

Looks awesome mate, your modeller did a great job on the painting and weathering as well as applying the decals.

Tom

Amazingly well done conversion. You captured the real look of a Panzer IV in North Afrika.:salute::

Terry

The sand color is very accurate and even the muffler is the right rust color. Excellent work! I do not believe First legion could do it any better IMO.

Best FL Tank I have seen congrats on taking a chance and getting a great result.

I am so impressed by this tank. I collect a lot of First Legion but have only one tank, and I don't collect FL Afrika Korps. When I first saw it, I thought, "wow, I should have bought that one," not realizing it was custom. That is superb!!

I got tired of waiting for FL to make a DAK PzIVf-2 so here is my attempt at expanding the FL DAK tank force. I still need to do a little bit of light weathering on the turret numbers to take away the shine. I look forward to your comments. :salute::

WELL DONE:salute:::salute:::salute::First Legion really NEEDS to make this Panzer IV for the DAK range....I would not mind a DAK Tiger as well{sm4}

Beautifully done, like you say the only thing would be to work on the decals which are the only weak spot. Really well done :salute:::salute::. Can I ask who did this fine work ? regards Gebhard

Best FL Tank I have seen congrats on taking a chance and getting a great result.

Mate, hopefully this will inspire Matt to release an official FL AK version! If he does then I hope he can make one as good as this as I wouldn't hesitate in buying one!

Tom

Thank you all for your comments. I will post more photos once I tone down the decals. Later this month I hope to post some DAK dioramas with FL, Figarti and K&C pieces. I posted 7 photos but I can only see 3. Is that the most you can post at once?

It's a very nice model, but its not the FL F2

Picture1.jpgPicture2.jpgPicture3.jpg

I have attached 3 more photos with additional weathering on the decals. This model is a highly modified and repainted FL VEH-017. I don't know what you think you are talking about!

I have attached 3 more photos with additional weathering on the decals. This model is a highly modified and repainted FL VEH-017. I don't know what you think you are talking about!

First question would be where did you get all the additional accessories in 1/30? But there are numerous other differences from the FL. The cupola is different inside and out, the bow machine gun is different, the top turret air vent is different, the tow hitch is different, the tow cables are different, details on the stowage bin are different etc., etc,.

But is is very nice work and photography btw

First question would be where did you get all the additional accessories in 1/30? But there are numerous other differences from the FL. The cupola is different inside and out, the bow machine gun is different, the top turret air vent is different, the tow hitch is different, the tow cables are different, details on the stowage bin are different etc., etc,.

You are right! There are lots of upgrades that my builder added. He has parts leftover from many projects available to him. I will be showing many other DAK projects over the next six months. Stay tuned!

You are right! There are lots of upgrades that my builder added. He has parts leftover from many projects available to him. I will be showing many other DAK projects over the next six months. Stay tuned!

Dude, even the hinges on the side doors are different.

Could it be your painter friend is sending you 'concept' pictures of what he plans to do? btw, that's all good too. Concepts are as interesting as finished products in this hobby

1/30 scale Panzer kits are available on Ebay from Bandai and Nichimo made in the late 1960s before Tamiya established the 1/35 standard for military models. I have purchased and built several of these kits; a Hummel and a Jagdpanzer IV L70; both kits were well done and crisply molded, much better than polystone IMO. Panzer IVs, Panzer IIIs and Panthers are also available. A rich resource for 1/30 scale parts. Plus they are size compatable with First Legion and W. Britains figures.

1/32 is really close to 1/30 and Monogram/Revell make a 1/32 Panzer IV Ausf.H and an Sd. Kfz. 232 8 Rad. Also good sources of parts and accessories. 1/32 fuel drums and jerry cans from FOV
1/32 Panzers also work well with 1/30. Lots of sources for upgrade parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back