Different sizes (1 Viewer)

Mastercom10

Private 1st Class
It is clear that some FL figures have significantly different sizes : 54mm, 60mm, 1/30th ...? .
For example, in the Napoleonic range, I had already noticed that French cuirassiers and Carabiniers
are noticeably undersized compared to other cavalries or soldiers.
Just see the attached photos with a cuirassier and a 1st light infantry soldier side by side:
IMG_20231104_150858.jpgIMG_20231104_151100.jpgIMG_20231104_151248.jpg
What a pity for a heavy cavalry !.
So unfortunately, IMHO, it is not very realistic to mix them close to each other.

Even between different ranges, there are also some size differences.
Look at the attached photo with a prussian Landwehr and two late war germans :
IMG_20231104_152024.jpg

Other brands have also size differences : William Britain, Thomas Gunn, JJD, King and Country, ... .
It must be due to the different engravers employed.

Other brands have also size differences : William Britain, Thomas Gunn, JJD, King and Country, ... .

Yes, it's due to the different sculptors that do the different figure runs. War Park has this issue too, most of War Parks figures are about the size of the Napoleonic Prussian in your picture compared to First Legion. The War Park figure you bought is one of their smaller ones.

First Legion has moved to doing computer 3D Sculpts for their figures. Matt Pavone mentioned one of the benefits of doing the 3D sculpts was size consistency, so these types of size differences should not be an issue in the future for First Legion.

I hope not all the future figures will be exactly the same height that will also not look realistic.

Yes, it's due to the different sculptors that do the different figure runs. War Park has this issue too, most of War Parks figures are about the size of the Napoleonic Prussian in your picture compared to First Legion. The War Park figure you bought is one of their smaller ones.

First Legion has moved to doing computer 3D Sculpts for their figures. Matt Pavone mentioned one of the benefits of doing the 3D sculpts was size consistency, so these types of size differences should not be an issue in the future for First Legion.

I’m glad to hear this.

As a collector of FL WW2, I have to say that their Fallschirmjäger look positively tiny compared to their US 101st & Waffen SS.

Something which my dealer pointed out as I was buying them.

But still superbly detailed figures.

I found war park too small, significantly compared to KC , TG and even WB, dont collect them, too me they where more like 1/35th scale

but all the others and varients woek well , even minor size difference

It is clear that some FL figures have significantly different sizes : 54mm, 60mm, 1/30th ...? .
For example, in the Napoleonic range, I had already noticed that French cuirassiers and Carabiniers
are noticeably undersized compared to other cavalries or soldiers.
Just see the attached photos with a cuirassier and a 1st light infantry soldier side by side:
View attachment 300452View attachment 300453View attachment 300454
What a pity for a heavy cavalry !.
So unfortunately, IMHO, it is not very realistic to mix them close to each other.

Even between different ranges, there are also some size differences.
Look at the attached photo with a prussian Landwehr and two late war germans :
View attachment 300455

FL are 54MM, I have most napoleonic and all Normandy WWII plus Stalingrad,

People must not be anal and understand humans differ in height.

Only the TIGER I is undersized per se.

They run true with Warpark and lot figures indistinguishable. Whereas KC I just roll my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back