Does anyone have any pictures of the Blue Box Famous Historical Character figures (1 Viewer)

knights1212

Private 1st Class
I am looking for pictures of the Blue Box Famous Historical Character figures made in Hong Kong but sold in the UK quite a few years ago. I only have one but thought they made about 12 different figures. I would be most appreciative. They are about 60 mm.

I am looking for pictures of the Blue Box Famous Historical Character figures made in Hong Kong but sold in the UK quite a few years ago. I only have one but thought they made about 12 different figures. I would be most appreciative. They are about 60 mm.

Were they plastic? I know of Blue Box figures in white metal, such as the Napoleonic, American Civil War and World War II figures. They were very similar to King-White's figures in their sculpting and painting style. But I've never seen the Historical figures. I wonder if they were carried forward from King-White's catalog, because KW did make specific historical figures, like Eisenhower, De Gaulle, etc.

I'd be keen to see these, too, if anyone has pictures.

Prost!
Brad

Paul Stadinger has reminded me that this series of figures has come up for discussion a couple ofttimes on his blog.

https://www.stadsstuff.com/?p=14528

https://www.stadsstuff.com/?p=14510

Thank you so much for this information. I didn't know they were painted as well. The one I have is a shiny silver. Now I have seen pictures of 10 of them. I was told there also was A Richard I, Zulu Warrior and Geronimo. I don't know if this is correct or if there were others as well. I am most appreciative.

The only Blue Box figure I am looking for is Sir Francis Drake whether it is painted or unpainted. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

The only Blue Box figure I am looking for is Sir Francis Drake whether it is painted or unpainted. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

Here is a picture of the Blue Box Sir Francis Drake I am looking for.Blue Box Sir Francis Drake and Napoleon.jpg I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

Isn't there anyone who might know where I can find this Sir Francis Drake plastic figure? Thank you.

I am still looking for the Sir Francis Drake figure by Blue Box either painted or unpainted. I would be most appreciative if someone could help me. Thank you very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back