East Coast Show (1 Viewer)

Jagdpanther

2nd Lieutenant
I dont no if this was posted before but here it is.

26th Annual East Coast Toy Soldier Show & sale
Rothman Center, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Off of Route 4 West and Hackensack Ave. South, Hackensack, NJ Show Hours 9am – 3pm / $6 Admission/under 12 free Contact: Vintage Castings (973) 831-8900 bill@vintagecastings.com http://www.vintagecastings.com/index.html

November 2, 2008

I will be going to this show.

I will also be going to the 'Hackensack' show on November 2nd. I was there about eight years ago and I was really happy with the show. There were lots of tables and lots of stuff to see and buy. I remember buying two second-hand Hocker sets, the Great Book of Britains, and some castings.
Having said that, next year I'm hoping to finally go to the Mecca show in Chicago.
Russell

Bill Lango's Hackensack show is definitely worth it, I have been going every year since 1993. There is something for everyone, from guys who just collect to painters and modelers. Old or classic toy soldiers, new toy soldiers, books, paints, tools and other modeling supplies. Definitely worth it!

You can also order a ticket ahead of time, so you don't have to wait in line at the door, but I stopped doing that, since I usually get there about half an hour after it opens.

Anyone who lives down in this area should also see the Allentown Antique Toy Show, which is held on the Saturday before the Hackensack show, in Agricultural Hall at the Fairgrounds. Granted, there is more than toy soldiers, but it's neat to see the broader range of antique and collectible toys, too. The toy soldier segment of the hobby is usually represented by some of the same dealers who go to Hackensack the next day. Plus, you can go to the Allentown Farmers Market, right next door.

The Hackensack weekend, and the MFCA show weekend, have always bookmarked the summer collecting season for me.

Prost!
Brad

Brad,
Thanks for the tip on Allentown. I'll google map it and might include it in my schedule. Russell

I dont no if this was posted before but here it is.

26th Annual East Coast Toy Soldier Show & sale
Rothman Center, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Off of Route 4 West and Hackensack Ave. South, Hackensack, NJ Show Hours 9am – 3pm / $6 Admission/under 12 free Contact: Vintage Castings (973) 831-8900 bill@vintagecastings.com http://www.vintagecastings.com/index.html

November 2, 2008

I will be going to this show.
You may want to put this information on the forum calendar for better exposure.
Regards,

Can anyone post the name, address, and/or phone number of the Motel near the 'Hackensack' Show, the one where many of the toy soldier people stay? I was there a few years ago, but no longer have the information to make a reservation. Russell

Russell,
It's the Best Western in Hackensack, New Jersey, don't have the phone number handy, mention the show as they offer a special rate for attendees.

This show is the largest show on the East Coast, the second largest in the country behind OTSN with over 300 dealer tables and close to 2,000 attendees, it's a great show in a very good location with plenty of parking.

All of the major East Coast vendors attend along with several ones from the midwest and the south. I've got 8 tables for this one..........

Regards,
George Guerriero
Minutemen Toy Soldiers
www.mmtoysoldiers.com

Thank you for the information George. I'll look out for your table to say hello.

All the best Russell

You're welcome; I think the rate for dealers and collectors (just tell them you are a dealer and the promoter told you to call this hotel for a special rate) is 105.00 per night, not bad........

Thanks again and yes the $105 looks good. Unfortunately using google search and google map has left me less than 100% sure about which is the right Best Western.
there's Best Western Oritani Hotel‎
414 Hackensack Ave, Hackensack, NJ - (201) 488-8900‎

Does this seem right? Russell

You might want to try contacting the show's promoter, Bill Lango, and his staff. His website is http://vintagecastings.com/

The site itself hasn't helped too much, yet. There used to be a page of directions to the show, and I think they also used to list info about local hotels. But the website has been completely re-vamped, and I haven't found that info yet, it doesn't look like it's still posted.

But I would call or email them, they can probably give you specific info.

Prost!
Brad

Brad thank you. That's exactly what I'll do. Russell

PS I just want to say that generally I really appreciate your posts.

Thanks, Russell, that's kind of you to say, and I'm glad to help!

Prost!
Brad

"Thanks again and yes the $105 looks good. Unfortunately using google search and google map has left me less than 100% sure about which is the right Best Western.
there's Best Western Oritani Hotel‎
414 Hackensack Ave, Hackensack, NJ - (201) 488-8900‎

Does this seem right? Russell"

That is the place, give them a call Russell.......

"Also do you contact vintage castings for advanced tickets?"

You can reach Bill at 973-831-8900, email at bill@vintagecastings.com; advance tickets are 6.00 each, payable to Vintage Castings, PO Box 4809, Wayne NJ 07474-4809.

Be sure to send a self addressed stamped envelope with your 6.00 check so he can fire back the ticket to you; it is well worth the 6.00 prepay as the wait to get in is brutal.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back