East Coast Show (2 Viewers)

Brad I went to Catholic School from 2nd Grade through Lawschool, and to this day I have nightmares about nuns.:eek: What's the quote from the Kurgan, the bad guy in the movie "Highlander"? "Happy Halloween ladies . . . Nuns, no sense of humor."

Unlike Louis, I never went to public school, I even went to a convent for pre- and kindergarden even wound up a U of Scranton. I guess I'm in the right line to get you-know-where:eek: Mike

I'm not saying they need to beat the kids, but I think that in abandoning traditional methods, in giving up the habit, for example, and in "being a friend", they lost their authority. Kind of a microcosm of the developments in the larger society.

The sisters who ran the schools at Corpus Christ and St Marie Goretti (my old home parishes growing up) commanded more authority, and more respect, in my opinion, that the nice little ladies in gray sweaters and blue blouses at Holy Cross. Kleider machen Leute-"Clothes make the man", there is some truth to that.

I agree with you Brad. The missing ingredient these days is discipline learned at home, and this bizzare concept that you are born with respect and therefore must demand it at all turns, versus earning it. Mike

Very good point, Mike. respect must be earned. Self-respect, too, must be earned, built up through your experiences, not "given" as "self-esteem". You try, fail, learn, then try again, succeed, and appreciate the success all the more for the failure you had.

lol, Boy, are we getting off topic again! ;) Another item for talks over coffee after the show! Or beers-let's all tailgate! I've got a pickup.

Prost!
Brad

"respect must be earned. Self-respect, too, must be earned, built up through your experiences, not "given" as "self-esteem". You try, fail, learn, then try again, succeed, and appreciate the success all the more for the failure you had."

This quote should be in stone over the entrance to every school.
Coffee for me and don't dare put anything in it, like baby mile or sandy sugar.
Mike

As usual Hobby Bunker will have the usual spot in the corner, Along with our usual 2 truckloads of all walks of toy soldiers we will have a huge 6 foot by 2.5 foot diorama base for display (and for sale). It was designed for all the New Germans and Americans that K&C has done this year. Come by or both and check it out. It was done with the spirit of Gordon Nielson. Although It may not be as nice it also doesn't have the same pricetag!

Hope a bunch of cameras also attend providing loads of photos taken for us who are unable to be there.........The Lt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back