Ebay Shipping Question (1 Viewer)

Sometimes you just have to suck it up. Cost of doing business. Shop owners don't catch every shoplifter either.
Pirating does much more damage whether toy soldiers or movies on torrent.
I suppose there is some therapy in talking about it.

UKsubs, let me get this right. Buyer claims damage. Does not show proof of damage. Does not return item. And you as a seller still must refund her? I find that a little hard to believe.
Gary

Gary...

a dealer friend of mine sent a tank to Germany...

the buyer claimed it was broken...

buyer contacted Ebay...

they refunded his money...

my friend said...

"hey...you got your money back...send me the broken tank"...

not only did he not send the broken tank back...

but he filed another case with Paypal on the same item...

Paypal refunded him a second time with a debit from my friend's account...

now my friend was out a broken tank...and the buyer had been refunded twice...

my friend had to fight tooth and nail to get the second refund credited back to his account...

he never got the tank back...

it's a buyer's world on Ebay...

Gary...

a dealer friend of mine sent a tank to Germany...

the buyer claimed it was broken...

buyer contacted Ebay...

they refunded his money...

my friend said...

"hey...you got your money back...send me the broken tank"...

not only did he not send the broken tank back...

but he filed another case with Paypal on the same item...

Paypal refunded him a second time with a debit from my friend's account...

now my friend was out a broken tank...and the buyer had been refunded twice...

my friend had to fight tooth and nail to get the second refund credited back to his account...

he never got the tank back...

it's a buyer's world on Ebay...
Hello Guys
Something similar happened to me with a guy from CHINA PLUS HE ASKED FOR HALF PRICE SHIPPING WHICH I DID
NEVER AGAIN
Scott

Hello Guys
Something similar happened to me with a guy from CHINA PLUS HE ASKED FOR HALF PRICE SHIPPING WHICH I DID
NEVER AGAIN
Scott

Think eBay need to protect it seller better to be honest ! Always sides with the buyer 100%

Sometimes you just have to suck it up. Cost of doing business. Shop owners don't catch every shoplifter either.
Pirating does much more damage whether toy soldiers or movies on torrent.
I suppose there is some therapy in talking about it.

Does not take away from the fact it fraud !

... So I just purchased a couple of pieces from a seller advertised as "Free Shipping." All is good until I get a pair of invoices charging $75 shipping and handling with a caveat that any excess charges will be refunded. I sent a polite note mentioning that the terms of sale were Free Shipping... the seller acknowledged and amended the invoice, which I duly paid.

I have yet to receive the package, and the tracking number went stale three days ago. The seller hit me up this morning quoting me the actual cost of shipping and handling, and asked if I would "be willing to kick in $xx."

Kick in? As in Kick In for pizza and beer?

Not sure of the logic going on here... Anybody think that this is worth a report to ebay...after I receive the shipment?

... So I just purchased a couple of pieces from a seller advertised as "Free Shipping." All is good until I get a pair of invoices charging $75 shipping and handling with a caveat that any excess charges will be refunded. I sent a polite note mentioning that the terms of sale were Free Shipping... the seller acknowledged and amended the invoice, which I duly paid.

I have yet to receive the package, and the tracking number went stale three days ago. The seller hit me up this morning quoting me the actual cost of shipping and handling, and asked if I would "be willing to kick in $xx."

Not sure of the logic going on here... Anybody think that this is worth a report to ebay...after I receive the shipment?

Sounds very wrong I would open a case with either or both e-bay and paypal for non receipt of item. let the seller explain these issues to them. saves you a headache and, you will get your money back

So...30 days later and no merchandise...is anyone surprised? I requested a refund and told him that if the package arrives after the refund, I'll sent the stuff back at my expense and give him a tracking number. My man gets very upset that his tracking number is still valid... so I opened a case with ebay... and he loses his mind. Shipping to an APO is like shipping to New York City; I place an order with George at Minutemen every two weeks, and my stuff is usually in hand before the next order is placed, so I'm not hugely empathetic right now. Stuff happens with the USPS...got it... but these are big boy games and rules...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back