Egypt (1 Viewer)

Ivanhoe

Sergeant First Class
Do not have much in this series, but really like it.

Dsc_0341_A_Small.jpgDsc_0343_A_Small.jpgDsc_0353_A_Small.jpgDsc_0354_A_Small.jpg

What’s not to like, the colours alone are fantastic and the mystery that surrounds is alluring. Started with this series 2007 and never looked back. Your layout is terrific. Robin.

Only outstanding item I think in the series, is that statue of a pharaoh featured, is that what you are referring to Mike?
Robin.

Robin...

I thought I read a post that Andy was making a pyramid for the AE series......
I searched for that thread for about 30 minutes but couldn't find it...
that's what I was referring too...
am I mistaken?

Robin...

I thought I read a post that Andy was making a pyramid for the AE series......
I searched for that thread for about 30 minutes but couldn't find it...
that's what I was referring too...
am I mistaken?

Not sure. I know he said he was building one for Chicago which he did and of course there are the building blocks in ten packs to build your own^&grin , but I doubt one will be offered as it would be just too big for the average collector. Robin.

Mike,

I think your thinking of the Pyramid Andy made for Chicago, during that sneak peak thread I think there was a joke made in reference to the pyramid being a new item. And Yes K&C Egypt is one my top 5 as well.

Not sure. I know he said he was building one for Chicago which he did and of course there are the building blocks in ten packs to build your own^&grin , but I doubt one will be offered as it would be just too big for the average collector. Robin.

Mike,

I think your thinking of the Pyramid Andy made for Chicago, during that sneak peak thread I think there was a joke made in reference to the pyramid being a new item. And Yes K&C Egypt is one my top 5 as well.

Robin...Chuck...

I honestly thought I read in that thread that he was making a small version of one for sale...
I'm currently making a 7 foot x 4 foot diorama display table for my AE series...as it has outgrown my cabinet...
I was kind of on pause hoping the pyramid was coming soon...^&confuse
guess I can get back to work now...

Robin...Chuck...

I honestly thought I read in that thread that he was making a small version of one for sale...
I'm currently making a 7 foot x 4 foot diorama display table for my AE series...as it has outgrown my cabinet...
I was kind of on pause hoping the pyramid was coming soon...^&confuse
guess I can get back to work now...

I bet that is going to stunning. Of course if you really need the room you could send me one of the 90 chariots you own.^&grin
Seriously, I can't wait for end result based on your talent with buildings.

Just have to build your own Mike, or pay someone like i did^&grin, Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN1658.jpg
    DSCN1658.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN1661.jpg
    DSCN1661.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN1663.jpg
    DSCN1663.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 147
They could just build it themselves, but it could take some time^&grin^&grin, Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN1999.jpg
    DSCN1999.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN1970.jpg
    DSCN1970.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 152
Looks like you've got a nice collection here, Moe. Personally, I've liked Egyptology since the old G.I. Joe Adventure Team Secret of the Mummy's Tomb days (from my childhood). I don't own any of K&C's fantastic pieces to this theme but I think it provides a number of exciting diorama possibilities. From Ancient Egypt, to Indiana Jones-style adventure with some Afrikakorps, to perhaps even a Joe Explorer scene with a well-placed jeep or amphibious vehicle. Lots of potential.

Not K&C, but I've tried to create some nostalgic Adventure Team scenes over the years, here's a few shots with a mishmash of pieces. Sort of how I envision mixing Toy Soldiers with Ancient Egypt.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Robin...thanks for the pics...I got some good ideas from you display...

Zach...anxious to see what your pics look like when you get time...

I’m interested to see both of yours. My view is that the three of you have some of the top collections on the forum. Zach’s is stunning in its quality of high end pieces, Robin has so many add on pieces he’s had made or has adapted to his diorama you always see something new. And Mike’s talent at dioramas is unmatched. Interested to see the final products.

They could just build it themselves, but it could take some time^&grin^&grin, Robin.

Robin;

These Egypt dioramas of yours are just so fantastic...could spend almost as much time looking at them as it took you to build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back