EGYPTIAN ARMY of QADESH (1 Viewer)

Francis

Private 1st Class
L'armée égyptienne de Qadesh commence réellement à prendre sa dimension grâce aux dernières annonces de JJD...
J'ai voulu montrer la précision historique avec laquelle JJD s'efforce de développer ses réalisations...
Voici quelques images très instructives sur les différentes composantes ethniques ainsi que leurs armements qui représentaient l'armée égyptienne à Qadesh !

Commençons par les principales armes utilisées par les soldats égyptiens eux-mêmes.
Il existe plusieurs variantes et évolutions de ces armes mais celles illustrées ci-dessus sont la base même de l'armée égyptienne...

Armes égyptiennes.jpg

Egyptian warrior.jpgEgyptian warrior 2.jpgEgyptian infantry.jpgEgyptians warriors.jpg
on va bien rajouter le javelot et l'arc et on voit que tout n'est sûr pas utilisé par JJD...
Espérons que quelques Egyptiens supplémentaires équipés d'autres de ces armes spécifiques viendront renforcer les rangs...

Ensuite, regardons les alliés des Egyptiens qui étaient aussi leurs ennemis... D'abord les Nubiens ou les Ethiopiens... ces images illustrent précisément l'exactitude historique des figurines JJD... C'est une copie exacte...

Archer nubien 2.jpgArcher nubien.jpgView attachment 341829View attachment 341829NUBIAN OR ETHIOPIAN.jpg

Continuons avec les Libyens, eux aussi alliés et ennemis de Pharaon.

LYBIAN WARRIOR.jpgLybians warriors.jpg

Je suis limité à 10 images par le site, c'est donc ainsi que se termine la 1ère partie de ce sujet consacré à l'armée égyptienne de Qadesh...
Mais j'ai déjà tous les ingrédients pour une 2ème partie qui sera, à mon avis, surprenante par ses illustrations et ses thèmes choisis...
restez connectés les amis !

There are many other pics but Francis does a good job editing it down to the essentials - and a few extras for fun.
Thanks Francis. We used to collect pricey Osprey books just to see such lovely and Historically accurate artwork not so long ago!
Best Wishes
Paddy

Its such a fantastic range so glad John went for this. John said he was very excited about producing his Hittite chariots. Then after this maybe Assyrians? I have some of the fantastic First Legion ones (I get one every month or so) but I am sure John would take it up a gear.

Ouch. So we need another Egyptian Chariot. After all, the declining civilization is always for me.
Paddy

We saw in the first part, the Libyans, the Ethiopians and Nubians who make up for a large part the archery of the Egyptian army consisting in a first time to weaken the enemy under a heavy flow of arrows and then to cover the heavy infantry which rushes into contact with the often disorganized attackers thanks to the innumerable archers making up the army of Pharaoh...

The Sherdens or Shardanes
JJD having given all the details of this highly prized ally of Pharaoh who made him his bodyguard and an elite infantry in his army in Qadesh, I will not expand further...
We can see the exact representation of the JJD figurines facing the images representing this ally...
According to some sources, the shardanes would have given their name to the current island of Sardinia...
Sherden warrior.jpg

A Sherden warrior accompanied by a Nubian or Ethiopian!

Sherden and Nubian.jpg

we will notice a difference in the size of the horns and the emblem depending on the helmets on the images...
Their manufacturing was perhaps not uniform...

Before seeing the composition of the Hittite army in part 3, here are some images showing the Egyptians and their allies fighting in Qadesh!

Qadesh.jpg

superb image bringing together Pharaoh, Sherden and Nubian!

Divers Egyptien army of Qadesh.jpgEgyptian army and alliés of Qadesh.jpg

There is no mention of Egyptian light cavalry and yet... we want to believe it...

Sherden, lybian et Nubian.jpg

and that concludes the (non-exhaustive) description of the army of Qadesh...

next part
The Hittite Army!

Il existe de nombreuses autres photos, mais Francis fait du bon travail en les éditant jusqu'à l'essentiel - et quelques extras pour le plaisir.
Merci Francis. Il n'y a pas si longtemps, nous avions l'habitude de collectionner des livres coûteux sur Osprey juste pour voir des illustrations aussi belles et historiquement précises !
Meilleurs vœux
Paddy
Thank you for this compliment... it takes a lot of time to research because few images are truly exceptional and are difficult to find...

I like the idea that light cavalry could have been used as messengers or for scouting. Would not have been used in the traditional sense on the battlefield, or at least no evidence for their deployment in this period of history. First evidence of use of cavalry a few hundred years later by people living on the Asian Steppe.

This is going to be a great series. Hope we get some Hittites, Sumerians and Assyrians. Gary i would love to see your Assyrians. I have always loved Assyrians but avoided the FL ones as getting better bang for my buck with John and no bucks left at the end of the month to buy more. What a fascinating and underdone period for collectors

Hi Jason. I have a couple Assyrian's in our house but another four in storage. When I order from Julie for Team Miniatures, War Park or other First Legion items I try to get one Assyrian and one late Republic Roman from First Legion to build up these expensive figures slowly. The Assyrians are fantastic figures but a bit too uniformed. However, they look a real treat in a cabinet or on a shelf. We are incredibly blessed with the approach and volume of ancients from John but if he did an ancients sub range then this would fill a gap in the ancient world collection. At the time it was the greatest Empire on earth, built on vicious conquest the Assyrian army we the best in the known world until its demise in the late 600's BCE.

Attachments

• DSCN7351.JPG
    DSCN7351.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Oh Gary they look a treat. I hope you can build a whole army over time and share some pics with us. I will share some pics of my Egyptians over the weekend

Revenons dans une 3ème partie au sein de l'armée égyptienne de Ramsès II avec un autre allié non évoqué dans les parties précédentes.

Les Koushites

Ces guerriers de l'Empire Koush étaient situés en Nubie et étaient appréciés par les Égyptiens pour leur habileté à l'arc.flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg
Comme on peut le voir sur ces images, ils diffèrent des Nubiens par leur tenue vestimentaire...
ils constituaient une part aussi importante que les Nubiens dans l'armée de Pharaon.

Les femmes étaient très présentes dans les rangs de l'arcerie koushite.
pp,504x498-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Il ya aussi de l'infanterie moyenne équipée d'armes égyptiennes comme le montrer ses images.

e891830d9b23b3b0c83a45f59b51a8b5.jpgeb86cf0a1867f933d1e5f3b3c975d725.jpg

La chose la plus intéressante et ce qui les différencie vraiment des Nubiens, c'est leur peinture de guerre...
Je n'ai trouvé aucune image reflétant cet aspect alors je me suis dirigé vers des réalisations très abouties sur le sujet...

949240c.jpg949240b.jpg

et nous terminerons avec cette image relatant les batailles incessantes qui parcoururent les règnes des trois pharaons précédant Ramsès II pour la conquête du royaume de Koush.

5adf3707a2cdc_NewKingdomEgyptianPharaohinchariotwarcampaignagainstKingdomofKermaKushKushites.t...jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back