Elephant . (1 Viewer)

Simpson & his donkey.

Sergeant Major
Well what can I say.I picked up this huge tank from my local dealer yesterday and have it already in a diorama .It is very good but am toying with the idea of weathering it with a good oil base wash and some dry brushing.This will bring down the price for resale but I didn't buy it for resale.It looks good but I could make it look more weathered.It's the modeler in me thats wants to do more to it.Have any of you guys thought the same but just let it ride.I would hate to make a mess of it and destroy any chance of it being sold when I am gone and my kids sell everything off.Simmo.:confused:

Well what can I say.I picked up this huge tank from my local dealer yesterday and have it already in a diorama .It is very good but am toying with the idea of weathering it with a good oil base wash and some dry brushing.This will bring down the price for resale but I didn't buy it for resale.It looks good but I could make it look more weathered.It's the modeler in me thats wants to do more to it.Have any of you guys thought the same but just let it ride.I would hate to make a mess of it and destroy any chance of it being sold when I am gone and my kids sell everything off.Simmo.:confused:

Thought for once, the light yellow look actually suited the big elefant, (for example the normandy panther is a little too bright, but thought the same colour worked nicely with the elephant). Be interesting to see what it would look like in more subdued colours. But have to say , like it as it is.

Thought for once, the light yellow look actually suited the big elefant, (for example the normandy panther is a little too bright, but thought the same colour worked nicely with the elephant). Be interesting to see what it would look like in more subdued colours. But have to say , like it as it is.

Maybe I should let it be and paint the 1/35 models I have not finished to keep me happy.Simmo.

Are you mad. Keep it mint in it's box along with the other 4 you bought. When it is retired next year you can list it on e bay for a ton.

ive thought about weathering the panzer lehr havetrack and also putting it on a base with some ss figures to make a diorama,ive already changed some details on the walking ss officer made boots not as shiny map case duller as well as his holster,cant improve on the camo smock or the face they are excellant.just want the vehicle and figures to look a bit more weathered and worn.

If you're concerned about resale value, don't re-paint it. But if you enjoy improving the model, then "just do it". What the hell. You can't take any of it with you. My Berlin pieces are not totally "mint" anymore--some have tiny imperfections despite all my efforts to protect them from time and entropy. Still, they're in very good condition, and if I sell them in the future I'll break even at least (unless nobody's collecting toy soldiers anymore). It's just a pleasure looking at them in my office on my bookshelf. Future resale value be ****ed.

Paint your soldiers. It feels good. I would love to see how you detail it.

I have to agree with Buzz on this one. The whole idea is to have some fun. So do what you want.

Old Guard

Yeah have some fun. I tend not to weather perfectly good K&C but find broken ones. Not always possible but still. I do not have a huge attachmet to the WWII goodies. There are ways to weather that are less permanent. But regardless enjoyment is key!

If you're concerned about resale value, don't re-paint it. But if you enjoy improving the model, then "just do it". What the hell. You can't take any of it with you. My Berlin pieces are not totally "mint" anymore--some have tiny imperfections despite all my efforts to protect them from time and entropy. Still, they're in very good condition, and if I sell them in the future I'll break even at least (unless nobody's collecting toy soldiers anymore). It's just a pleasure looking at them in my office on my bookshelf. Future resale value be ****ed.

Paint your soldiers. It feels good. I would love to see how you detail it.

I totally agree.

Carlos

Another idea would be to buy - WINTER CAMO NETTING - and cover it with that. That way you can use it for both Winter and Summer dioramas.

Just a thought.

Don't bet on this stuff being worth too much in the future or you kids even wanting to deal with selling these things for top price......If you have good modeling skills especially in painting and weathering go for it and have fun.....if you don't trust your painting ability try your ideas out on an old 1:35 scale model first then you can try it on the K/C model if your satisfied with your result.......Enjoy your hobby don't sweat resale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back