Engeneer Bassevitch new set (1 Viewer)

Here is the new Engeneer Bassevitch (set 5) with the RKKA Infantry set 2 (Workers' and Peasants' Red Army ), pre WW2 (1935-1941) (see the first set here:http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?43102-RKKA-Infantry-by-Engineer-Bassevich)
View attachment 139181
Enjoy.
Best from France.

Somehow that guy pointing the pistol at arm's length doesn't seem to me like he's shooting at enemies in the distance. Don't know that I've seen NKVD toy soldiers before.

Where can I buy this set?
I have the other sets but I bought them at OTSN.
Very well done.
Gary

ALEX, you are the BRIGHTEST new STAR (red star) in the WWII 1:32 scene and I can't wait to buy all of your new Soviet sets!!!

I can't wait till you do the SOVIET ASSAULT ENGINEERS with BODY ARMOR & The SIBERIAN WINTER ASSAULT SKI TROOPS!
Dream come true!

The PLASTIC GENERAL

Her they are... Highly deetailed, well sculpted. One of the best Russian soldiers set ever made {sm4}
divers 005.jpgdivers 001.jpgdivers 003.jpgdivers 010.jpg

It matches (more or less) with others manufacturers:
Airfix and CTS
divers 012.jpg
Conte (John Woo Style)
divers 014.jpg
more difficult for TSSD and Pegasus...
divers 015.jpg
Quiet well with Pvblivs and Italeri...
divers 016.jpg

Thanks for the comparisons! Looks like Pegasus is the oddball set compared with all the other makers. Pegasus needs to upscale their figures a little it is the same reason I found the German Para's disappointing. The Pegasus figures are nicely sculpted though.

NO WAY!
I LOVED the new PEGASUS set!
They compliment the AIRFIX PARATROOPERS PERFECTLY!
But PEGASUS, defiantly belongs to the AIRFIX + ESCI + REVELL + ITALERI + MARX family of scale.
It's NOT as if they are misfits. To me, they are the TRUE 1:32.

TSSD + CONTE + ENGINEER + CTS, are the upstarts, the NEW 1:32 if you will.
I happily collect both.

Plastic General

Last edited:
NO WAY!
I LOVED the new PEGASUS set!
They compliment the AIRFIX PARATROOPERS PERFECTLY!
But PEGASUS, defiantly belongs to the AIRFIX + ESCI + REVELL + ITALERI + MARX family of scale.
It's NOT as if they are misfits. To me, they are the TRUE 1:32.

TSSD + CONTE + ENGINEER + CTS, are the upstarts, the NEW 1:32 if you will.
I happily collect both.

Plastic General

I like all the old makers like Marx, Airfix, Esci and Revell but the most detailed and historically accurate sculpts are now coming from TSSD, Conte (please more), Russian makers and CTS. Like it or not it is the new trend and I think it would hurt sales of current makers to match up with extinct manufacturers rather than current manufacturers.

*OLD 1:32 is not dead. ITALERI & PEGASUS are still active in WWII not to mention most other stuff that gets produced falls in line with THAT scale.

*NEW 1:32, is the new way, YES.
I would encourage it!

But I sure wouldn't snub my nose at any set that lends its self to the OLD breed.

*ASSEMBLED 1:32 - BRITAINS DEETAIL + 21st CENT. & FORCES of VALOR = I love it too.

The Plastic General

*OLD 1:32 is not dead. ITALERI & PEGASUS are still active in WWII not to mention most other stuff that gets produced falls in line with THAT scale.

*NEW 1:32, is the new way, YES.
I would encourage it!

But I sure wouldn't snub my nose at any set that lends its self to the OLD breed.

*ASSEMBLED 1:32 - BRITAINS DEETAIL + 21st CENT. & FORCES of VALOR = I love it too.

The Plastic General

1/32 is over for Italeri...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back