England to beat Germany 5-1 (1 Viewer)

nigelhaywood123

Private 2
Why is it that Franz Beckenbauer and his beloved Germany think its unfair in having to play us in the 1st knockout phase? Bring it on Germany.

Obviously are running scared and know they will probably be heading home. Would have much fancied their chances against USA and much prefered the so called 'easier' route by not playing anyone of any real footballing stature. Any Footballing superpowers.
No disrespect to USA, but just dont have the English quality. Jozy Altidore might cut it at Hull, and Dempsey at Fulham, but not for me.
Pound for pound throughout the English team are true world class performers with Terry, A.Cole, Lampard, Gerrard, and Rooney who could all probably walk into any world team, alongside the Messi's, Ronaldo's, Kaka's. Not so Lamm, Schweinsteiger, Podolski.

We didnt get the'easier' route and anyway I for one would much prefer to see England lift the cup by beating first up, Germany, then Argentina, then Spain, and finally Brazil.
Maybe all Germany would have liked to have played USA, folowed by Uruguay, next maybe Holland and probably Brazil in the final. Could they, or anyone for that matter realy call themselves worthy World Cup winners??

To be the best you've gotta beat the best!!

Running scared!! Go on England

Nigel,
A bold prediction. I like your confidence. Hope it comes true.
The ANZAC are supporting you !!!!
Regards
Brett

Brett
The ANZAC should be supporting us?? afterall 200 odd years back you were all English or British. Yes??
Well mostly,
from what I can remember during my history lessons.

5-1 might be optimistic but definitely the better team on paper, you have to agree, and realistically 2-0 or 3-0.
(dont come back Sunday evening laughing at me??)

bring on the rugby league world cup??
Cheers
Nigel

Nigel,
A bold prediction. I like your confidence. Hope it comes true.
The ANZAC are supporting you !!!!
Regards
Brett

That is indeed a very bold prediction.

I am rooting for England, but they have to really get it together to beat Germany.

England have to wrap it up before FT or FT plus ET.

If it comes to a penalty shoot out, I think Germany will prevail.

IMHO,

Raymond.:)

Will be over well before penalty shootout, i'm certain.
even if did go to pens would still fancy our chances.
law of averages and we're due change of luck with these
thanks

Dude,

Last time I checked you finished second in the group, not first. England's group matches won't go down in the annals.

There are contenders and pretenders. The former are Argentina, Brasil and Spain. Everyone else is a pretender and I would stick Uruguay and Germany at the top of that group. England ostensibly has the talent but they don't seem to mesh well like the other teams do.

Yeah your right, we were second. an unbeaten second? and played rubbish. imagine if we played well??
we definitely have the quality on paper. is 4 knockout games hereon-in. We cant get worst and must improve?
I'm sure no one will fancy playing us, just like the Germans dont.
Argentina, Spain and Brazil all look good, but definitely not unbeatable? Swiss v Spain, North Korea v Brazil (ok brazil won that but only just)

Logging off now guys. Working weekends?????

England to win 5-1. Rooney hat trick.
me to win tonights lottery,
and Elvis working in a chippy in Basingstoke

Cheers all

Dream on, though it's hard to tell, though you're foolin' yourself, dream on!
Dream on, you can hide away, there is nothing to say, so dream on!
Dream on, though it's hard to tell, though you're foolin' yourself, dream on!

Okay.....the lyrics maybe not correct.....but this songs was first in my Head as i read this. ;)

England maybe ist better on the paper an i´m not sure........but i think they win the last 2 games against Germany......but its a loooooooooong time ago they win an important Game against us. :rolleyes: In the ewigen Tabelle (im not sure if the translation correct "eternal table") Germany is on place 2 and England on Place 5.......

How writte the German press about Rooney........The Lion without teeth. :D
last 8 games....without an goal......

However..........the better will win.........and i hope it will be a very good Game with many goals (for Germany). :)

We will see on Sunday.....

Rooney.....The Lion without teeth......
yes, I like that one
but sure you would rather be playing for you than against you???
I'm sure will be scoring very soon.. Beware Germany, and the rest!!

The best will win for sure and I too hope its a good game.
We will see come Sunday.
Good luck!

I am with Brad on this one. Germany is normally a better team, but on the day anything can happen. England have always had some quality players (and some worse or overvalued ones) but so have Germany (except for the overhyped ones mind you:D). Probably more important than that is what to do with such quality and try to build a TEAM with the available players.
I strongly disagree that Germany doesn't have great players, Lahm, Podolski, Ozil or Klose are world class players anywhere irrespective of their nationality.
That said I am rooting for an England win. COME ON ENGLAND!

Paulo

I go for England too. most important reason is: to eliminate all those who can get close to the Brazil 5 title, Italy is already gone....

I am with Brad on this one. Germany is normally a better team, but on the day anything can happen. England have always had some quality players (and some worse or overvalued ones) but so have Germany (except for the overhyped ones mind you:D). Probably more important than that is what to do with such quality and try to build a TEAM with the available players.
I strongly disagree that Germany doesn't have great players, Lahm, Podolski, Ozil or Klose are world class players anywhere irrespective of their nationality.
That said I am rooting for an England win. COME ON ENGLAND!

Paulo

Paulo, I disagree. They may be good players, but not great players.
Could these players get in to Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid, or Barcelona sides???? I dont think so but maybe i'm wrong?
These are truly great sides with great players.
I think maybe could only get in to good sides with good players. Sides like Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City.
Fair enough these sides do have some world class players also, but usually moving on to greater clubs.
True great players end up playing for great sides!
Rooney at Man Utd, Lampard,Terry and Cole at Chelsea, Messi and Villa at Barca, Ronaldo and Kaka at Real.;)

Real looking to buy Gerrard or Torres?? or Lampard or Rooney. Barca wanting Fabregas from Arsenal.
Definitely not looking to buy a Podolski or Klose or Lahm. Maybe these players Ok for an Aston Villa or Tottenham, or Bundesliga football.

like you say, Come on England!:D:D:D:D:D

or maybe not!!
I am going to go now and working on my own new foamscenes Berlin WW2 dio. Ok is a bombed dio, but is still German. ;):cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back