Expeditionary Force ancients (1 Viewer)

m14msgt

Private
Just discovered these and ordered a box of Persian infantry. Is it me or is $29 for nine figures a bit steep? They must be pretty high quality to cost over $3 per figure.

Just discovered these and ordered a box of Persian infantry. Is it me or is $29 for nine figures a bit steep? They must be pretty high quality to cost over $3 per figure.

They're nice figures. The cost has caused some debate among the folk out here. I tend to agree with you; but another has said if we can't afford to pay the price we should try another hobby. I feel that is harsh as for the hobby to stay healthy there has to be a market and if those of us who don't want to pay that price leave how will the producers stay in business? Some grumbling, within reason, I believe can be healthy to warn producers if and when they are going beyond the equilibrium price for toy soldiers.

well said. On another note...I am looking for Macedonian 54mm unpainted plastic figures. Any sources out there?

Received my first box of Ex Force Wars of Classical Greece figures...Ancient Persian Army. Nine figures. Had to assemble heads, some arms and some sort of large sheath-looking thing. Using Gorilla Glue, but the shields don't seem to want to stay on. Some of the attachment pegs are too small for the holes in the shields. Anyone else find this to be the case? Other than that...the figures are awesome.

Received my first box of Ex Force Wars of Classical Greece figures...Ancient Persian Army. Nine figures. Had to assemble heads, some arms and some sort of large sheath-looking thing. Using Gorilla Glue, but the shields don't seem to want to stay on. Some of the attachment pegs are too small for the holes in the shields. Anyone else find this to be the case? Other than that...the figures are awesome.

I use Locktite super glue and have had no trouble with the shields (or any pieces from any other EF sets). Get the gel, not the liquid. I tried that first and glued myself to the figures a lot or had the glue run down the figures--it was just too hard to control. Also, do NOT get the stuff in the tube; get it in the bottle-looking squeeze container, 1.4 oz. You can control the flow and destination much better.

Didn't really have a problem with the pegs though. The glue will solve that problem.

I use Locktite super glue and have had no trouble with the shields (or any pieces from any other EF sets). Get the gel, not the liquid. I tried that first and glued myself to the figures a lot or had the glue run down the figures--it was just too hard to control. Also, do NOT get the stuff in the tube; get it in the bottle-looking squeeze container, 1.4 oz. You can control the flow and destination much better.

Didn't really have a problem with the pegs though. The glue will solve that problem.

thank you

I've used a pretty basic glue and had no trouble. Some of the joins don't even need it. Some sets like the Greek slingers and archers don't give you many options to vary the figures but some do, like the Persian sets below -

000_2867.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back