Expeditionary Force War of 1812 Militia. (3 Viewers)

Scott

Major
These just arrived from China. It took awhile to get here but worth the wait. Free shipping and Mr. Lam's great customer service should be noted.

Here is the set un boxed.

IMG_2034s.jpgIMG_2035s.jpgIMG_2036s.jpgIMG_2037s.jpgIMG_2038s.jpg

Here are the figures assembled. They look a bit more like city or town militia than back woods. Good for New England , Canada, or New Orleans. You might even use them for the Alamo. The men appear to have smooth bore Brown Besses but are equipped with rifle bags and power horned rather than cartridge boxes. They wear long trousers and various civilian frock coats rather than hunting frocks and all wear cravats. All in all dapper looking militia rather than another set of buckskin frontiersmen. Nice set X-Force.

IMG_2039s.jpgIMG_2043s.jpgIMG_2045s.jpgIMG_2049s.jpgIMG_2051.jpg

Definitely suitable for Alamo. Stephen Hardin writes, “The vast majority of Texian revolutionaries would have resembled Oliver Twist far more than Natty Bumppo.” I’m big on riflemen, but I’ve long needed guys in town clothes for 1812-1836. This set fills a big hole in the hobby.

I finally received mine last week; I agree they will be great additions to my Alamo garrison, though I will probably place them away from my Conte, Paragon, and TSSD figures. I bought two sets; for my purposes I think I would have been well off with just one (though I'll be able to use the "extra" box). Several of the poses are really similar, but can get variations with the parts enough to create a nice formation moving. Impressive, as always. I can't wait to get them "painted up" and put together with my other Texians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back