Expeditionary force zouaves coming soon from steve weston (1 Viewer)

9thHussar

Sergeant
Hi

Steve Weston has photographs on his website showing the new Zouaves by Expeditionary Force. There are some great poses made possible by a choice of heads and various arms to create different poses/versions in kepis, turbans, fezzes and even havelocks and more. They are ideal for ACW but I reckon that they could be used for the Crimean War and others. Some are wearing gaiter/baggy pantaloons and others in trousers

The Havelock head spare part will be useful for British soldiers in the Indian Mutiny, so those conversions are possible maybe using Britains Deetail ACW Infantry and Cavalry.

These new Zouaves are 1/32nd figures that will fit alongside previous Expeditionary ACW and other makes such as Marx, Accurate,Imex and Britains etc...

I reckon that they will sell fast and become very popular - the versatility should be the key to their success. This manufacturer has hit on something here and I would welcome spare parts packs for converting and modelling enthusiasts.

Thanks
Dave

$30, why not?
They're really nice figures!
Think of it as buying 3 glasses of wine at a bar?
At least you get to keep the figures!

Plastic General

$30, why not?
They're really nice figures!
Think of it as buying 3 glasses of wine at a bar?
At least you get to keep the figures!

Plastic General

Haha! General I could get 2 bottles of wine, or 24 bottles of good beer.

The 1st infantry and dismounted cavalry were $15 per box. I realize that these new sets have extra parts but this more than double. I got the price from the Hobby Bunker future release page. Now to make a little 16 man unit, it's over $ 60. For you that have bought these sets, does the fancy box and individual plastic bags matter?

I don't see them as too small as I grew up playing with Britains Deetail ACW which are 1/32nd . These Expeditionary Force types fit alongside and as a youngster I always wanted the Deetail range to include Zouaves.
Just my opinion of course
Regards
Dave

Hi

awaiting delivery of the Zouaves and Militia - will post photos when painted

Dave

Saw some of them at Chicago and they look like nice figures. At a glance they seem better sculpted and better sized than the first X-Force ACW sets. I think X-Force is trying to improve with each set - which is GREAT. I don't buy/build much ACW stuff but I was almost bought some Zouaves just because they look so different.

I'm really looking forward to seeing their announced WW2 figures.

Gary B.

I noticed on their future releases page they have Napoleonic French and what appear to be a few examples of dismounted dragoons. Sure beats hours of head swapping.

I don't see them as too small as I grew up playing with Britains Deetail ACW which are 1/32nd . These Expeditionary Force types fit alongside and as a youngster I always wanted the Deetail range to include Zouaves.
Just my opinion of course
Regards
Dave

Well place them next to CONTE or TSSD. Small.

Has anyone noticed that Xforce doesn't supply enough heads of one style to make a "uniform" set?

Hi All,

I actually found out that X force is produced out of Singapore, and guess what? I met the owner last night for a drink and he showed me his full production and of things to come - including Spartans and knights!!! Many of the figures are sold either painted or unpainted. He's the designer and these are sculpted and produced out of China.

http://www.expeditionaryforce.com.sg/Catalogue/

Rgds Victor

Did he happen to say when the WW2 GIs and Germans will be available?

He said sometime this year. He's a really energetic person. he's flying off to China in a couple of days to push his production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back