Eyes Right... Eyes Left... Eyes Front (2 Viewers)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

Apologies once more for the delays due to pressure of work etc.
Anyway here are a couple of pix of the first 2 of our mounted ‘John Ford Cavalry’ figures.
As you may notice the soldiers heads can and do swivel and are also interchangeable.
Hope you like them...

All the best and happy collecting!
Andy

TRW_1.jpg

TRW_2.jpg

Andy,

My wallet might be hurting but very pleased to see these pending releases

Mark

I am a sucker for John Ford and his cavalry representations. Can you imagine an troop with different poses/faces/hats using just a handful of actual soldiers..?

As you may notice the soldiers heads can and do swivel and are also interchangeable.

Andy, that’s a nifty little innovation. However, I’d be concerned that the heads might go airborne on me should I err and cock the figure slightly in the course of routine handling. Would you recommend that collectors fix the heads on the bodies with a mild adhesive:confused:

-Moe

Hi Guys,

Apologies once more for the delays due to pressure of work etc.
Anyway here are a couple of pix of the first 2 of our mounted ‘John Ford Cavalry’ figures.
Hope you like them...

All the best and happy collecting!
Andy

View attachment 232167

View attachment 232168
FABULOUS!! Any chance I can pick these up in Old San Antonio? Great work K&C! Boyer, PFC

Brillant start Andy. You have done a lovely job. Allocating funds in readiness. Robin.

Andy, that’s a nifty little innovation. However, I’d be concerned that the heads might go airborne on me should I err and cock the figure slightly in the course of routine handling. Would you recommend that collectors fix the heads on the bodies with a mild adhesive:confused:

-Moe

Yes,good question.... I thought much the same after seeing what Andy did with the plumes on the later figures in his Napoleon in Egypt series.

Sometimes when I pick mine up, the plumes fall out, lucky I have carpet, so they are not damaged, and low pile, so don't get lost. I can see the reason there because they sometimes get broken in transit and having them removed, it solves that.

I like the idea of having moveable heads, especially when setting up lines of troops, because you can then have them all the same, like when on the parade ground, or looking either sides, like on patrol, or just talking with their comrades.

The only drawback could be paint chips if you keep swapping heads, of if the fall out onto a hard surface, so we just see how this lot go?

Good initiative Andy,

John

Andy

Rotating heads ... what was the response and K&C's experience to the interchangeable riders and mounts as offered for the Lighthorse series ? Could it enhance this mounted cavalry offering ?

Bests
OD

-Moe

Hi Moe,
Re 'Flying Heads'...Why not use BluTak...No need for adhesive then.
All the best,
Andy.

FABULOUS!! Any chance I can pick these up in Old San Antonio? Great work K&C! Boyer, PFC

Alas no my friend...I want to wait and release them when we have more mounted figures available...Probably in 2 x batches of 4 x figures.
Best wishes and see you in the Alamo City!
Andy.

Starting at the head of the column, can't wait to add to these. Appreciate your hard work Andy. Lots to look forward to in this series. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN0697.jpg
    DSCN0697.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 230
Yes,good question.... I thought much the same after seeing what Andy did with the plumes on the later figures in his Napoleon in Egypt series.

Sometimes when I pick mine up, the plumes fall out, lucky I have carpet, so they are not damaged, and low pile, so don't get lost. I can see the reason there because they sometimes get broken in transit and having them removed, it solves that.

I like the idea of having moveable heads, especially when setting up lines of troops, because you can then have them all the same, like when on the parade ground, or looking either sides, like on patrol, or just talking with their comrades.

The only drawback could be paint chips if you keep swapping heads, of if the fall out onto a hard surface, so we just see how this lot go?

Good initiative Andy,

John

The reality of this is ,as we get more basic troopers, you switch heads for the variety of different looks ,then glue in place. I would like to see the flag loose with several troop #s offered in a separate accessories pack. Could even have different, separate head packs.

Hi Andy.

Will dismounted troopers and other ranges have this or too early to say ?

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back