Favorite King and Country Dealers (1 Viewer)

The Soldier's Story in Singapore is my favourite K&C dealer. There is nothing like having a well stocked local dealer of K&C for overall convenience.

Mike (snappyD) is the proprieter of the store that opened for business only 8 months ago. He is an enthusiastic collector himself and provides a one stop solution for all facets of my hobby.

His store has been a tremendous boost for the hobby locally. Well done Mike.

Raymond:)

Disclaimer: I have no vested interest in The Soldier's Story in Singapore.

Definitely need to thank Mike and Daniel for their warmth n friendliness in getting all my K n C weekly fixes....They have become real friends and now my weekends are always at their store chilling and talking abt anything K n C. Oh, and also meeting other collectors there.

Simon

For Aussies, it would have to be The Military Workshop in Brisbane, where Brett provides a wonderful mail order servcie to all part of our vast country, with best price and servcie.

I haven't been to his shop myself, because its on the other side of the country and for me, I have 2 others closer, one in Sydney and the other in Singapore.. the tyrrany of distance ???:redface2:

John

Our hosts here are my favorite dealer for a long time now. First contact through ebay many moons ago, maybe something around 10 years or so, and then I kept in touch, met them at Chicago Shows, liked the Treefrog Webstore, and since 2007 signed up to this splendid forum.
There has never been a single occasion for a complaint, superior service all the way, all the time {bravo}} :salute::
Konrad

I'm like you. TF hands down has been my favorite dealer. New to form and I think it is very useful in getting information on whats going on in toy soldier world and other collectors. Other favorite dealers would be Joan at Kings X, Matt at Hobby Bunker. Over all most dealers have been very helpful in my collecting needs have only had trouble from one K&C dealer....Thanks TREEFROG for all your hard work to taking care of all my collecting needs...RON {sm4}{sm4}

This is from the introduction I wrote for the K&C books (it was incorporated into Volume III, the second Volume to be published, as Kevin, who did all of the photography and editting, wrote the introduction to Volume I). I think this tells you my opinion on the subject of K&C Dealers:

"This introduction would be incomplete without an encomium to the many and uniformly terrific King & Country dealers around the world. From the remaining early dealers, like the Neville’s of King & Country, U.K., Tony Ciccarello of The Toy Soldier Gallery, Joan Smith of Kings X and the Brunton’s of Brunton’s Barracks and Matt Murphy of Hobby Bunker, to the more recent dealers like Gideon and John Rettich of Classic Toys, George Guererro, Pete and Shannon Reuss, Tim Tyler and Bill Sager, a more decent, honorable and easy to deal with group of folks would be hard to imagine."

I was pressed to give an overall favorite, despite the distance and the vagaries of exchange rates, I would have to say the Nevilles of King & Country, UK. When I got engaged, the first people to see my wife wearing her ring were Mike and Sue (I used her joy at getting the ring to lure my wife to a March London Show). The first visitors to my completed display area were Tony Neville and his lovely wife. Back in the late 1990's, when I was pursuing early wood K&C aircraft and vehicles, as well as early glossy figures and wood and papier mache buildings, the Nevilles always remembered, and called me from across the pond when they came across something I needed. They got me my first wood Stug IV (something I had been looking for for 3 years at the time), my Junkers JU52, my wood and papier mache RAF Quonset Hut, and countless other wonderful and extremely rare early K&C items. Every time the phone rang and I heard Mike or Sue's warm and friendly voices, I knew my wallet was going to take a hit, but my collection was going to grow. Like all of the other K&C dealers I listed above, the Nevilles are an absolute pleasure to deal with, but for me, they are the best.:smile2:

Although I am dealer I have bought from two other dealers and both gave excellent service.

One was Tony Neville from K&C UK when he brought out his Crimean series which was a must have for me and I bought as a collector. Great service and quick shipping.

The other was our host, Treefrog, for a K&C leader I was missing for my collection and also later to get retired items for collectors. Always top rate friendly service. Oh yes and they have a great Forum {sm4}

Regards
Brett

I have to say that I've bought through many dealers and I've gotten excellent service from them all.The dealers as a whole are honest,helpful in every way and will go that extra mile for you.I think that is part of the charm of the hobby.
Mark

6 years w/out a broken item Rob?!?! My gosh that is quite a nice record! I like ths part you said about K & C UK:

'Finally and best of all they are a friendly, easy going very helpful group of people who its a pleasure to know".

That is most important to me as well.

Yes I'm very lucky to get such service Joe, ' Dispatch' Dave does an excellent job and everything is checked and packed very well, another thing is you hit the order button, get a confirmation email and next day its at your door. And they really are a friendly bunch , its a pleasure to give your money to them, which I shall be doing in London in two weeks time!:wink2:

Cheers Joe

Rob

For me K&C UK are second to none. The quality,speed and reliability of service is unrivalled. They always go beyond the call and on top of this offer an excellent collectors club, an annual get together and of course run three superb shows in London every year. I have been ordering from them for about six years now and in all that time I have never received one single broken or damaged item. Finally and best of all they are a friendly, easy going very helpful group of people who its a pleasure to know.

Rob

Just what Rob said^&grin
Ihave been with K+C UK since 2004 and hopefully be with them for many more years to come
Keep up the great work guys
Regards Scott

Me too, first rate operation when it comes to TS Dealers. {sm3}

Jeff

I am very blessed by the fact that both places I call home have dedicated K&C dealers, in the Bay Area I have Sierra Toy Soldier and in San Antonio I have Kings X.

I love all the K&C dealers (it is clear that Andy and the K&C team carry out a thorough amount of due diligence when choosing their dealers).

Kings X is great. You get a chance to see Gordon’s dioramas while you enjoy some good ol’ Texas hospitality. Martin has done a fantastic job with the shop as well as choosing his employees. They all exemplify the K&C ideals. Most of all, and this may seem trite to some, they always go out of their way to greet my wife and when she is not with me they ask how she is. Again to some that may not seem like much, but in the grand scheme of business it means everything.

Mike and Myska Hall along with their son Andrew at Sierra are absolutely amazing people. Their knowledge of the hobby is endless and their customer service is equal to that of a five star resort. I have told many people this and to this day it still rings true, I would not collect to the extent that I do if it were not for Mike and Myska. They are synonymous with the words “toy soldier”. At the end of the day I could certainly bolster my opinion of Sierra Toy Solider by expounding on their shop (which is spectacular and a must see for any collector), their employees or their location, but it all leads back to the two of them. What they have built and continue to build is a credit to K&C and the hobby as a whole.

I agree with Panzer Ace's comments. When in San Antonio it is always an anticipated stop for Kings x. It is my only chance to get to an actual K&C dealer. Luckily this is a company store and each visit is always well worth it. For out of state dealings Sierra Toy Soldier is on their game. If I place an order with them on say a Monday morning it is at my door Wednesday afternoon.The free shipping and no sales tax are a big plus. Throw in their Nuggett program which are $25.00 or $50.00 discounts based on previous purchases and nothing but ease and customer satisfaction prevails !!!! ^&grin

Definitely need to thank Mike and Daniel for their warmth n friendliness in getting all my K n C weekly fixes....They have become real friends and now my weekends are always at their store chilling and talking abt anything K n C. Oh, and also meeting other collectors there.

Simon

Truly agree. Glad that they opened a shop here to cater to the S.E.A region. They are really friendly and will never hesitate to assist us if there is a problem with the pieces we recieve. Their shop is like a 2nd home for some of us.

For me has to be Treefrog Treasures sends all the way to Bombay - India & add to it the free shipping. Friendly & quick.

Wow, that would be a long list. Many of the folks have already been mentioned but there are more. I would think that your local dealers get an advantage since you can actually "stop and shop". That is a little more dangerous though, since I always walk away from the stores or shops with a lot more items and a lot less cash than I intended. But ya' gotta love it!!

I agree with Panzer Ace's comments. When in San Antonio it is always an anticipated stop for Kings x. It is my only chance to get to an actual K&C dealer. Luckily this is a company store and each visit is always well worth it. For out of state dealings Sierra Toy Soldier is on their game. If I place an order with them on say a Monday morning it is at my door Wednesday afternoon.The free shipping and no sales tax are a big plus. Throw in their Nuggett program which are $25.00 or $50.00 discounts based on previous purchases and nothing but ease and customer satisfaction prevails !!!! ^&grin

Great call regarding the the Sierra nuggetts!

Dont forget bill moore. His level of enthusiasm and knowledge as a k and c dealer is unsurpassed. Been dealing with him for years.

Tim Tyler of Troops of Time right here in sunny Jacksonville Florida!^&cool

Wow, that would be a long list. Many of the folks have already been mentioned but there are more. I would think that your local dealers get an advantage since you can actually "stop and shop". That is a little more dangerous though, since I always walk away from the stores or shops with a lot more items and a lot less cash than I intended. But ya' gotta love it!!

So true, Larry....i always have to get something from the store whenever i'm there...:)

Bill Sager of Sagersoldiers, top bloke and now a long distant friend, if you read this, Hi Bill, hope your well mate!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back